United play this afternoon but...

Re: United play this afternoon but...

tigerchef 22 Mar 2018 07:46 am said..

Because it was most probably part of the sponsorship deal to play at Kingsholm.
tigerchef
Hero in the making

Gb83 22 Mar 2018 07:57 am said..

tigerchef wrote:Because it was most probably part of the sponsorship deal to play at Kingsholm.

It’s no good coming up with logical assumptions when there is a chance to moan about the club...
Gb83
On the board

covglaws 22 Mar 2018 08:14 am said..

tigerchef wrote:Because it was most probably part of the sponsorship deal to play at Kingsholm.

I suspect you are right, but it does seem a little daft, when United games are played at Hartpury, or even Wootton Bassett because the pitch won't stand it.

That said, I did think that, if games couldn't be played at Castle Grim, taking them on the road, was a good idea. Could they play one at Broad Street please. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: KPB could walk there :lol:
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1365  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 22 Mar 2018 08:34 am said..

It’s not daft because Mitsubishi are giving us loads of money!

As in spaman’s post, there are always concessions to be made to sponsors. I think Mitsubishi have been excellent. They not only agreed to the logo being reduced in size to make the shirt more appealing to us, the fans, but also agreed to remove it altogether for a televised match (replaced by the star college logo).
Lebowski

covglaws 22 Mar 2018 08:52 am said..

I'm certainly not having a go at Mitsubishi, as you point out, they are indeed very accommodating sponsors. Not really convinced they gained any commercial benefit from having this played at Kingsholm behind closed doors, that's all.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1365  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Mar 2018 09:02 am said..

covglaws wrote:

I suspect you are right, but it does seem a little daft, when United games are played at Hartpury, or even Wootton Bassett because the pitch won't stand it.

That said, I did think that, if games couldn't be played at Castle Grim, taking them on the road, was a good idea. Could they play one at Broad Street please. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: KPB could walk there :lol:

Wouldn't mind them playing Wasps A team...yet another home match for me...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

JamesK 22 Mar 2018 09:37 am said..

Lebowski wrote:As in spaman’s post, there are always concessions to be made to sponsors. I think Mitsubishi have been excellent. They not only agreed to the logo being reduced in size to make the shirt more appealing to us, the fans, but also agreed to remove it altogether for a televised match (replaced by the star college logo).

I didn't notice that. Which game was it and why couldn't the Mitsubishi logo be televised?
JamesK
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Mar 2018 09:42 am said..

JamesK wrote:
Lebowski wrote:As in spaman’s post, there are always concessions to be made to sponsors. I think Mitsubishi have been excellent. They not only agreed to the logo being reduced in size to make the shirt more appealing to us, the fans, but also agreed to remove it altogether for a televised match (replaced by the star college logo).

I didn't notice that. Which game was it and why couldn't the Mitsubishi logo be televised?

As I recall it did get a mention on the TV coverage....

"National Star will be put in the limelight on Friday night as the Gloucestershire charity celebrates its 50th anniversary by having its name on the front of Gloucester’s shirts for the televised Anglo-Welsh Cup clash against Ospreys at Kingsholm.

Mitsubishi Motors UK will donate its matchday rights to the charity that supports young people with complex disabilities, and it is believed to be the first time that a partner of a top-flight rugby club has supported a charity in such a way"
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

JamesK 22 Mar 2018 11:11 am said..

Thanks KPB and yes, good stuff from Mitsubishi.
JamesK
Senior squad member

Castle Grim Reaper 22 Mar 2018 13:48 pm said..

Brings back memories of Max Boyce and growing the grass long :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby