New signing - Welcome Grobler

Re: New signing - Welcome Grobler

Sheddy Mcshedface 24 May 2018 14:28 pm said..

lucifer wrote:There’s a not a lot that is ‘natural’ about all the fitness and gym training, the painkilling injections and the dietary regimes the players follow either. Taken to its logical extent the ‘natural’ argument would mean players should just turn up and play and not attempt to enhance themselves in any way whatsoever. The founders of the sport certainly wouldn’t accept the training regimes of today’s players as acceptable.

As an amateur rugby player may I say, I resemble these remarks! :lol:
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

torchy6 24 May 2018 14:49 pm said..

There you go Luci talking sense again - this is Shedweb remember :D
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

lucifer 24 May 2018 15:34 pm said..

Sorry!
lucifer
Hero in the making

TP17 10 Jul 2018 16:04 pm said..

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/video ... preseason/

First full interview with Gebrandt Grobler after his first training session today. Seems very switched on. Will be interesting to see who JA thinks is our strongest second row pairing. Would imagine he will employ the rotation of locks we saw last season. Personally, I wouldn't know who to start out of Slater, Savage, Grobler, Mostert, Galarza and Clarke. We really are spoilt for choice.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 10 Jul 2018 16:13 pm said..

Given that Mostert is the current occupier of the springbok shirt its hard to see how he won't be first choice and I'd have him in with Slater to start but there really is not weak pairing in that group!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Old Rik 10 Jul 2018 18:35 pm said..

A nice first interview with him. A few very positive points that stick out for me were the high levels of organisation with training that he mentioned and also the question around internal squad competition for the shirt. He seemed to say that there wasn’t any. Possibly due to the early stage of preseason. Ackerman’s style is very much a “band of brothers”. Grobler talked about learning of each other and how it a squad effort. I really like this approach.

in the past we had a starting 15 and after that the cupboard was bare. Now if you make a replacement during a match the quality has to remain and we are getting there. Exciting!
Old Rik
Senior squad member

Merican forester 10 Jul 2018 18:49 pm said..

Nice interview from Grobler, nice to hear his views on competition. We’ll have the strongest pack in the league next season and with cops behind the pack, we’ll its gonna be something special!
Merican forester
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 10 Jul 2018 19:02 pm said..

Merican forester wrote:Nice interview from Grobler, nice to hear his views on competition. We’ll have the strongest pack in the league next season and with cops behind the pack, we’ll its gonna be something special!

Good to have the police in the back line ;)
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Steve M 10 Jul 2018 19:04 pm said..

Merican forester wrote:Nice interview from Grobler, nice to hear his views on competition. We’ll have the strongest pack in the league next season and with cops behind the pack, we’ll its gonna be something special!

We've had a few of the boys in blue in the team over the years but I wasn't aware of any playing next season :lol:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Jul 2018 20:28 pm said..

I can't think of (m)any constabulary that played at the senior level in the backs , club, county or country over the years...any suggestions?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby