No more players?

Re: No more players?

Northerner 07 Jun 2018 19:33 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:The sensible thing ( if possible) would be to set Owen free to a Welsh region to pursue his international ambitions and sign a suitable replacement ( we all know who) win win win situation for all parties.

It's a massive risk for Owen. Moving back to Wales will mean taking a pay cut of tens of thousands of pounds. If he doesn't then make the Wales team - and there is a lot of competition at both 10 and 12 - then he comes out losing.

Risk comes down a bit if he gains a dual contract. But given that he decided to join us and not go to Wales I think shows where he is at.
Northerner
Vice-Captain

Lord Lucan 07 Jun 2018 19:56 pm said..

Northerner wrote:
Lord Lucan wrote:The sensible thing ( if possible) would be to set Owen free to a Welsh region to pursue his international ambitions and sign a suitable replacement ( we all know who) win win win situation for all parties.

It's a massive risk for Owen. Moving back to Wales will mean taking a pay cut of tens of thousands of pounds. If he doesn't then make the Wales team - and there is a lot of competition at both 10 and 12 - then he comes out losing.

Risk comes down a bit if he gains a dual contract. But given that he decided to join us and not go to Wales I think shows where he is at.

I don’t see it as a risk at all, he knows exactly where he stands with W G and if he chose to return would almost certainly be on a central/dual contract.
Lord Lucan
On the board

Glos1012 07 Jun 2018 20:43 pm said..

He won't get in at 12 ahead of Parkes. Parkes is class.
Glos1012
Senior squad member

Mark from Stroud 13 Jun 2018 12:47 pm said..

Just seen an article on Bristol Live - 10 players as yet without clubs - would we want any? (If we had any money left under the cap)

1. Ma’a Nonu
2. Quade Cooper
3. Kyle Eastmond
4. Robbie Fruean
5. Ben Foden
6. Dan Tuohy
7. Francesco Minto
8. John Hardie
9. Jamie Elliott
10. Paul Doran-Jones
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Jun 2018 12:49 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:Just seen an article on Bristol Live - 10 players as yet without clubs - would we want any? (If we had any money left under the cap)

1. Ma’a Nonu
2. Quade Cooper
3. Kyle Eastmond
4. Robbie Fruean
5. Ben Foden
6. Dan Tuohy
7. Francesco Minto
8. John Hardie
9. Jamie Elliott
10. Paul Doran-Jones

Presumably anyone coming from outside the premiership could be classed as Marquee. Can't see how anyone couldn't find room in their squad for either Cooper or Nonu! 3rd times the charm with PDJ as well! ;)
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

glawfindel 13 Jun 2018 14:08 pm said..

I thought Ben Foden was on his way over here, to play for an American team?
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 13 Jun 2018 14:12 pm said..

glawfindel wrote:I thought Ben Foden was on his way over here, to play for an American team?

This is the article https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/10-amazing-rugby-players-still-1671188 According to this nothing is fixed.
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

glawfindel 13 Jun 2018 14:18 pm said..

I'd love to see all 9 of them turning out for new DC team, as yet not fully announced.

Excluding the chap listed 10 though...though there might be a need for a burger joint over here
glawfindel
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby