No more players?

No more players?

Froggy 31 May 2018 13:40 pm said..

Looks like all announcements have been made. There is an article on website talking about all the new players for next seson.
Froggy
Academy prospect

Re: No more players?

Oldprop 31 May 2018 14:22 pm said..

What - is that it? Does this club have no ambition??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Oldprop
On the board

Mark from Stroud 31 May 2018 15:01 pm said..

Can't speak for its overall accuracy, but this is an interesting list of 'ins' and 'outs' (Apologies if it has been posted on here before)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2018%E2%80%9319_Premiership_Rugby_transfers

Saracens Sale and Exeter seem to have least movement in at least
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Fat Taff 31 May 2018 15:20 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:Can't speak for its overall accuracy, but this is an interesting list of 'ins' and 'outs' (Apologies if it has been posted on here before)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2018%E2%80%9319_Premiership_Rugby_transfers

Saracens Sale and Exeter seem to have least movement in at least

Good find. There's a few who I am suprised at either having to step down a level or being released. Olmstead went well for Falcons in the latter part of the season, and someone could pick up a bargain in Eastmond or Macken. Heathcote's career seems on the wane as well.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 31 May 2018 15:41 pm said..

"A whole host of new faces will arrive into the Cherry and White squad, adding to an exciting young group under Head Coach Johan Ackermann, we get to know some of the new signings this summer a little bit better."
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

shedwebber 31 May 2018 18:59 pm said..

Interesting that Northampton seem to have made a similar number of departures with less coming in so again, a leaner squad. Still hope Rohan Janse van Rensburg still joins us as it would make for an even stronger squad for next season. That's more hope than expectation now though as I don't think we'll be making any more expensive signings!
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making

ROLLO 31 May 2018 20:04 pm said..

The information on Heathcote's departure has been slim other than he was to have a meeting with Solly and that he has not been retained. I suspect that there are ongoing concerns about concussion started in the first place by the oaf Matthews of Quins who has just signed for Wasps.I still feel very sore about that incident.
Looking at the Bristol Ins and out that is one hell of a churn and however good the coaches a lot of players to integrate.
ROLLO
Hero in the making

Tuffty 31 May 2018 20:17 pm said..

As already mentioned, the list of big-name players who have been released is stunning!

David Lemi
Kieran Brookes
Ben Foden
PDJ
Kyle Eastmond
Brendan Macken
Tom Heathcote
Jacob Rowan
Dan Tuohy
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 31 May 2018 21:57 pm said..

We need a busting centre
Glos1012
Senior squad member

shawnsheep 31 May 2018 22:12 pm said..

They have just sent the last @HOLM newsletter for the off season, I reckon that's a case of "That's all Folks".

But hey we need to give the other teams a chance, don't we?
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby