End of Season Gloucester Quiz

End of Season Gloucester Quiz

coleser 01 Jun 2018 07:03 am said..

I thought I’d publish the Gloucester Quiz I prepared for the group of pals who stand with me in the Shed week in, week out. I asked these questions in the Conference Suite of the Cross Keys after the Bath match in a pub quiz format. The team captained by Paulo (occasionally of this parish) vanquished in some style.

Please don’t post any answers. And please don’t use the internet!

I’ll publish the solution after an appropriate period of time.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Re: End of Season Gloucester Quiz

coleser 01 Jun 2018 07:11 am said..

PART ONE

Gloucester Quiz – 12 Questions – 62 points available

1. Jake Polledri earned his first Italian cap this season. Who were last two players to be capped for Italy while playing for Gloucester? – 1 point for each

2. The current Gloucester squad contains three players capped by Wales while at Kingsholm (Moriarty, Williams, Hibbard). Who were the previous six players capped by Wales while still at Gloucester? 1 point for each

3. Similar question – but this time, Scotland. Before Matt Scott, who were the previous six players capped by Scotland while still at Gloucester?1 point for each

4. Name the players who made their league debuts for Gloucester when the club hosted Exeter in the first game of the season. Five players – 1 point for each

5. Full back Reece Dunn made his Gloucester debut this season (in the Anglo-Welsh Cup vs. Leicester). What was special about Dunn’s appearance? 2 points

6. What does Johan Ackermann have in common with Gloucester prop Gareth Denman? 2 points

7. Our first 17/18 Aviva match was at home to Exeter Chiefs. Seven years earlier, Gloucester played away at Exeter in the Chiefs’ first ever Premiership match in September 2010. Which three Exeter men played in both fixtures? 2 points each

8. Still looking at Exeter v Gloucester (September 2010). Two of Gloucester’s starting XV that day played against Gloucester at Kingsholm during this season. Name the players. 2 points for each.

9. Which three members of the 2017/18 Gloucester squad have received the most international caps for their respective countries?1 point for each. 1 bonus point for putting them in the right order.
Last edited by coleser on 01 Jun 2018 07:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
coleser
Vice-Captain

coleser 01 Jun 2018 07:15 am said..

PART TWO

10. Three parter. Gloucester have been ever present in the League 1/Premiership since the leagues began in 1987/88 and have enjoyed 31 consecutive seasons in the top flight.

a. Which other three teams have been ever-present too? 1 point for each.

b. Which team has had the shortest time in the top flight? One season only. 2 points

c. One team has enjoyed four separate spells in the top flight – more than any other side. Which team? 2 points

11. Three French Top 14 sides are coached by former Gloucester players. Name each player and each team. 6 points available. 1 each for the players, 1 each for the teams.

12. A three parter to finish. 19th January 2014 was the date that Gloucester last played a match in the Heineken Cup. Gloucester won away at Perpignan by 36 points to 18

a. Which two other teams were in Gloucester’s pool? 2 points each

b. Gloucester scored five tries. May, Ben Morgan and Sharples each dotted down. But who scored a brace of tries from the left wing? 2 points

c. Name Gloucester’s starting front row. 2 points for each player
Last edited by coleser on 01 Jun 2018 17:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Sticki 01 Jun 2018 07:26 am said..

great questions, I won't post any responses so people can play along, but I'd be interested for you to PM me the answers to see how close I got
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Vice-Captain

coleser 01 Jun 2018 07:29 am said..

Thanks Sticki. I’ll post the answers in a week or two.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Beddis 01 Jun 2018 08:59 am said..

Well worth making this a sticky topic Martin, my brain is hurting already :mrgreen:
Posts: 3530  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Camel 01 Jun 2018 11:09 am said..

Great quiz Coleser, thank you for posting.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 01 Jun 2018 11:14 am said..

Most enjoyable - it got the old grey matter stirred up!
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

coleser 01 Jun 2018 15:13 pm said..

Thanks, lads. There are one or two ‘forgotten’ players in the list of Scots/Welsh.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Baylion 01 Jun 2018 16:05 pm said..

Sorry coleser, I tried but can't do it without calling a friend. Not long enough in the Glaws camp I'm afraid
Baylion
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby