Best non-capped Gloucester players

Re: Best non-capped Gloucester players

David 08 Jun 2018 18:44 pm said..

Sorry - can't be arsed to read through all of the above, but:
1) Deacs. Legend...
and
2) The brothers Click (especially Fred).
David
On the board

GLOZZA 12 Jun 2018 22:13 pm said..

Great Thread
Richard Mogg 100%
Marcuas Hannaford, I think was really unlucky breaking an ankle? as soon as he called up into theEngland squad.
And there was a openside Woody? who got up from the bottom of every ruck for about 5 years just after the John Watkins era
GLOZZA
Turns out for the A team

stuartjames 13 Jun 2018 07:38 am said..

Was the openside Paul Wood ?
stuartjames
Hero in the making

Citizen Rob 16 Jun 2018 11:08 am said..

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I've now put a top 20 together which you can see here:
http://bit.ly/BestGlawsNonCapPlayers

Not an easy task putting them in order and I'm sure everyone's would be different. Had to leave some very good players out too. You can also pick your favourite in our poll.
Citizen Rob
Senior squad member

ElephantJuice 16 Jun 2018 22:22 pm said..

I only go back 25-odd years so bit of a JCL - but someone who fits the criteria and was undersung at the time and has been eclipsed by a stellar back line of names around him.

In my mind he was integral to our success at the time, his strength in the tackle and eye for an offload (Atkinson-esque) was excellent.

Step forward Robert Todd
ElephantJuice
Vice-Captain

Lewi7 20 Jun 2018 10:05 am said..

Bumble, Les Jones - the only player I was frightened of, simply because of what he could do & make one look extremely silly, which he did, regularly.

Paul Wood & Mike Longstaff - both very good flankers. Pongy Longstaff also played 10 & 15.

What about Paul Tally Taylor in the centre ? Formed a very good partnership with Moggy.
Posts: 3457  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Citizen Rob 28 Jun 2018 11:14 am said..

I've just put up the results for the poll we ran on our website. A bit more info about Simon Morris as well after he came out on top, including a bit about his son who could follow in his footsteps very soon: http://bit.ly/NonCapVoteResult
Citizen Rob
Senior squad member

Mark from Stroud 28 Jun 2018 12:10 pm said..

Without wishing to be mealymouthed about it, I love the fact that John Simonett, Kevin Dunn and Marcus Hannaford all got 0%
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby