England v South Africa

Re: England v South Africa

Beddis 09 Jun 2018 19:21 pm said..

Maybe not that many, but I would certainly get shot of Robshaw, Youngs and Brown in a flash
Posts: 3997  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

King Prawn Bhuna 09 Jun 2018 19:26 pm said..

No, just half them based on firm, skills and abilities. Then get an organised defence and a bloke at the top with initials DR or RB
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

madders 09 Jun 2018 20:25 pm said..

Camel, it’s not utter shite, SA currently are a shadow of their former selves. The legend of the Emporer’s clothes is live and well in your eyes.
If something drastic doesn’t happen soon you can forget a good England showing in Japan. But then some people are easily pleased it seems........
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Geoffy 09 Jun 2018 20:31 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Maybe not that many, but I would certainly get shot of Robshaw, Youngs and Brown in a flash

We love a scapegoat on Shedweb, but I can't see how blame can attach to Youngs or Brown for the fact that England won virtually no possession for the middle 40-60 minutes of the game. Or that Daley had an absolute shocker. Or that none of the Saracens forwards was anywhere near peak form. Or that front row subs should have been made earlier.
The back row is a huge issue, and we need a full complement of second rows. And let's try playing people in their normal positions, so we don't get so many positional errors.
Very entertaining game, and easily May's best all round performance for England.
Geoffy
Vice-Captain

Beddis 09 Jun 2018 20:33 pm said..

But those three have been poor for a long time now
Posts: 3997  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

chris1850 09 Jun 2018 20:35 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Curry was completely overwhelmed and looked injured going off so possibly the end for him already this tour.

19 tackles by Curry (highest in either side) and made 23m ball in hand - 2nd highest forward
chris1850
Turns out for the A team

madders 09 Jun 2018 20:41 pm said..

Forgive me, England are tremendous and Robshaw, who gives stunning postmatch interviews leads by example.
If only EJ could find a place for Haskell, the side would be complete.
The All Blacks must be quaking in their boots.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 09 Jun 2018 20:51 pm said..

I agree Camel some utter shite, but all entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately some have formulated that opinion on players before a ball has been kicked and are not prepared to watch the game just look for any mistake to validate that opinion
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Asgard 09 Jun 2018 21:11 pm said..

The curse of the back row forward is that nobody sees them if they don't carry the ball.
As regards everyone else they all gave 100% but the downfall was too many penalties.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Sloughglaws 09 Jun 2018 21:42 pm said..

Itoje should be sent on a refereeing course, then maybe he would understand the rules a bit better and stop giving away so many bloody penalties.
Or maybe it's because playing for Saracens he is allowed to get away with it every week.
Sloughglaws
On a trial
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby