England v South Africa

Re: England v South Africa

Singaporeter 11 Jun 2018 03:55 am said..

Ferret wrote:Is there some problem between Itoje and de Klerk. Either Itoje was late or tried to decapitate de Klerk.
Strange really as I always thought Itoje was a very sporting player; not his best game yesterday even though he did score a try.
It was like Tom and Jerry

Not sure if there is history between them, but after de Klerk scored the first SA try he did make a point of giving Itoje a slap on the shoulder and saying something to him! Maybe thanking him for creating a massive hole to walk through!!?
After that Itoje went looking for de Klerk instead of focusing on the game - love the Tom & Jerry analogy :)
Singaporeter
Academy prospect

Halo 11 Jun 2018 09:13 am said..

Can anyone tell me why Nowell wasn't selected for this tour ?
Halo
Vice-Captain

upton dc 11 Jun 2018 09:24 am said..

Injured.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

Longshanks 11 Jun 2018 09:53 am said..

Singaporeter wrote:
Ferret wrote:Is there some problem between Itoje and de Klerk. Either Itoje was late or tried to decapitate de Klerk.
Strange really as I always thought Itoje was a very sporting player; not his best game yesterday even though he did score a try.

Not sure if there is history between them, but after de Klerk scored the first SA try he did make a point of giving Itoje a slap on the shoulder and saying something to him! Maybe thanking him for creating a massive hole to walk through!!?
After that Itoje went looking for de Klerk instead of focusing on the game - love the Tom & Jerry analogy :)

I noticed this as well, and after the game I read something that criticised Itoje for spending too much time trying to wind up De Klerk, however De Klerke actually got the better of Itoje forcing him to concede a few stupid penalties, as you said, with high hits ect. Another part to De Klerk's world class performance.
Longshanks
Senior squad member

Mark from Stroud 11 Jun 2018 10:12 am said..

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Schalk Brits has joined the SA squad at Bloemfontain https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/06/11/retirement-hold-schalk-brits-called-south-africa-face-england/

The man is a machine!
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Steve M 11 Jun 2018 11:02 am said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Schalk Brits has joined the SA squad at Bloemfontain https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/06/11/retirement-hold-schalk-brits-called-south-africa-face-england/

The man is a machine!

Surprised he isn't suffering from burn out ;) :roll:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Singaporeter 11 Jun 2018 11:29 am said..

Longshanks wrote:
Singaporeter wrote:

I noticed this as well, and after the game I read something that criticised Itoje for spending too much time trying to wind up De Klerk, however De Klerke actually got the better of Itoje forcing him to concede a few stupid penalties, as you said, with high hits ect. Another part to De Klerk's world class performance.

De Klerk will be a great scum-half for Gloucester when his Sale contract ends - should be on the rumours thread I know, but I can just see it happening ;)
Singaporeter
Academy prospect

StroudieGlaws 11 Jun 2018 12:08 pm said..

On top of the winding up Itoje got from de Klerk I noticed towards the end of the match he ended up on the wrong side on the floor and it looked very much like Mostert had him pinned in and when the penalty was awarded Mostert gave Itoje a nice pat on the back.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jun 2018 12:36 pm said..

StroudieGlaws wrote:On top of the winding up Itoje got from de Klerk I noticed towards the end of the match he ended up on the wrong side on the floor and it looked very much like Mostert had him pinned in and when the penalty was awarded Mostert gave Itoje a nice pat on the back.

Yes, Mostert did him like a kipper (or whatever the South African equivalent is). Nothing Itoje could do about it.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Longshanks 11 Jun 2018 17:25 pm said..

Singaporeter wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Singaporeter wrote:Not sure if there is history between them, but after de Klerk scored the first SA try he did make a point of giving Itoje a slap on the shoulder and saying something to him! Maybe thanking him for creating a massive hole to walk through!!?

De Klerk will be a great scum-half for Gloucester when his Sale contract ends - should be on the rumours thread I know, but I can just see it happening ;)

De Klerke with Cipriani outside him? There are international teams that would kill for such a pairing. Lord knows England could do with it. Would love to see them togther at Gloucester.
Longshanks
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby