England v South Africa

Re: England v South Africa

robs1 07 Jun 2018 17:14 pm said..

IMVHO EJ has lost the plot, doesnt he remember the mess and disruption that bringing in a certain aussie playing rugby league player caused, at least they gave him some time to learn how to play union, as good as he may or may not be its madness to play someone in an away test in SA who has only trained a couple of times with his new team mates.
Its also a huge slap in the teeth for others who have come up through the ranks

Perhaps EJ needs a HIA assessment
robs1
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 07 Jun 2018 17:29 pm said..

A few years ago before WC2015, Nathan Hughes was going to tear it up when he qualified, that didn't work out so well. He's not exactly usurped Billy V has he. The jury's out on Shield until he's put in some GP time.
stuartjames
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 07 Jun 2018 18:09 pm said..

Kiwi rejects, that's what we are resorting too..
All wrong until they've proved themselves against their peers.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

TP17 07 Jun 2018 18:51 pm said..

As much as I don't agree with his inclusion, I seem to recall Steve Hansen saying he'd select Brad Shields if he stayed put. It's probably just talk, but still.
TP17
Hall of Famer

madders 07 Jun 2018 19:21 pm said..

Forget Shields, it’s the likes of Brown, Robshaw etc that disappoints me. Mediocre 6 Nations (I’m being generous) crap season for Quins, yet EJ persists, ignoring the fact that England has the largest rugby playing population to choose from.
When he finds a “in form “ player ( Cipriani) he plays him out of position ffs!
I think it’s now too late for him to salvage anything for RWC.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 07 Jun 2018 19:22 pm said..

In Eddie I trust!
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

HKC 07 Jun 2018 19:22 pm said..

Shields has proven himself to be one of the best back row players in super rugby in recent years. A competition which holds some of the best back row players in the world. Yet people want him to have proven himself against Premiership players in order to get into a SH tour?!

I'm almost as astonished by those statements as I am by Brown's continued inclusion on the wing. The world truly has gone mad!
HKC
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 07 Jun 2018 19:29 pm said..

robs1 wrote:IMVHO EJ has lost the plot, doesnt he remember the mess and disruption that bringing in a certain aussie playing rugby league player caused, at least they gave him some time to learn how to play union, as good as he may or may not be its madness to play someone in an away test in SA who has only trained a couple of times with his new team mates.

You do know Shields is a rugby union player? Burgess problem was that Bath made him a flanker whilst England wanted him in the centres. Not really the same situation.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Beddis 07 Jun 2018 20:29 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:In Eddie I trust!

....to continue his losing run and flop badly at the World Cup????
Posts: 4004  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

robs1 07 Jun 2018 20:36 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
robs1 wrote:IMVHO EJ has lost the plot, doesnt he remember the mess and disruption that bringing in a certain aussie playing rugby league player caused, at least they gave him some time to learn how to play union, as good as he may or may not be its madness to play someone in an away test in SA who has only trained a couple of times with his new team mates.

You do know Shields is a rugby union player? Burgess problem was that Bath made him a flanker whilst England wanted him in the centres. Not really the same situation.

Yes of course I know that, the point is that BS has not played a single game in the NH let alone the prem, super rugby is very different to the prem, he may become one of the greats in english history but as yet he is unproven whereas we have lots of good backrow players who could have been tested under test conditions. Its a bit like taking a touring car driver and sticking him the monaco GP with a couple of days practice
robs1
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby