New Zealand v France

Re: New Zealand v France

Steve M 12 Jun 2018 16:01 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Hey it’s progress! Usually in NZ the citing officer can’t even be found! :lol: :lol:

Depends upon whom is being cited … ;)
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

Porky 12 Jun 2018 16:22 pm said..

Stuart Barnes is all over Twitter saying no citing is fair and the "penalty only" decision was correct. Words fail me.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Peanutcoxy 12 Jun 2018 16:39 pm said..

Porky wrote:Stuart Barnes is all over Twitter saying no citing is fair and the "penalty only" decision was correct. Words fail me.

Ahhhh, the Stuart Barnes/AB love affair continues; it’s so sweet
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

PeteG 12 Jun 2018 20:55 pm said..

Fat Taff 12 Jun 2018 14:27 pm said..

That is colossal bowlarks of the highest order. Any player who gets a red for similar in the future, or gets cited for the same simply needs to wheel this out and legitimately get off if the application is the same.

Constant punishment of seatbelt tackles all season which do little actual damage, put a bloke in hospital, off you go son, no problem.

You are on the money with the above, the citing committee have opened a Pandora's box with their ruling.
PeteG
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Jun 2018 07:49 am said..

Fat Taff wrote:
In considering the mechanics of the incident, the Citing Commissioner determined that there were mitigating factors which prevented the conduct from reaching the red card level in his opinion. These included Remy Grosso’s body position lowering as he went into contact with Sam Cane, who effected the tackle initially, immediately before Ofa Tu’ungafasi joined a dynamic tackle situation.

It's alright sir. as he was being tackled his head fell on to my boot which was travelling in the other direction......I quote in my defence the findings of Mr Free Burger (South Africa) in the case of Mr Ofa Tu’ungafasi (New Zealand) when he hospitalised Mr Grosso with a double facial fracture....

As an aside, does anyone get any amusement from a sentence that involves the names ...Grosso and Free Burger.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Steve M 16 Jun 2018 07:54 am said..

NZ v France part 2

France really strong for first 10mins, possibly penalty try for France, then the ref steps in to save the Black day … again. French fullback red carded and Blacks score and the flow of play changes instantly.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

tibbles 16 Jun 2018 07:59 am said..

To be fair, with the laws as they are at the moment the ref was left with very little option in this instance, though I do feel a little sorry for Fall - clearly looking at the ball on impact with Barrett. Least the ref went to the TMO and checked before making any rash decision, unlike Pearce last week.

With the Fench being a rather fickle bunch, can feel a 60 point walloping coming on!!
tibbles
Turns out for the A team

Hucclecote Glaws 16 Jun 2018 08:04 am said..

Given the directives the referees have been given about players in the air, Angus Gardner didn't have much choice but to give a red card, especially if he wants to stay a Test referee. It's a pity Luke Pearce didn't take as close a look into some incidents last week.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

Worldy 16 Jun 2018 08:16 am said..

It needs to be looked at again. I would argue that if a player is going for the ball there should be no sanction as it is fair competition. Tackling the player in the air is completely different.
Worldy
Senior squad member

Not1eyed 16 Jun 2018 08:27 am said..

Sorry, Worldy but that is a red card every day. He had no chance to win that ball. If go to what you suggest then you’ll just end up with players jumping into the guy trying to catch. Where his eyes were looking is irrelevant as he has to be more aware. It was excellent refereeing.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby