New Zealand v France

Re: New Zealand v France

stuartjames 10 Jun 2018 13:27 pm said..

the tackle was high though and therefore yellow.

Which tackle? Sam Cane's arm around the neck area, or the replacement props no arm shoulder charge at the head. Maybe both, or as Luke Pearce saw it, neither.
stuartjames
Hero in the making

Fat Taff 10 Jun 2018 13:57 pm said..

Grosso has a double skull fracture, but Tuungafasi apologised in a tweet and called him brother, so it's all fine.
Call me cynical, but it's his first tweet since January. Not trying to demonstrate remorse before going before the beak. Of course not.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Porky 10 Jun 2018 21:26 pm said..

The match officials should be cited for dereliction of duty.

The All Blacks involved should be cited but I will not hold my breath.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Fat Taff 11 Jun 2018 12:04 pm said..

One of these tackles gets a yellow card, the other, a penalty.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jun 2018 12:36 pm said..

one of those should be a red, the other is barely worth mentioning!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

RossM 11 Jun 2018 12:39 pm said..

Yes. ABs never see red in NZ. It's one of the local rules.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jun 2018 12:47 pm said..

RossM wrote:Yes. ABs never see red in NZ. It's one of the local rules.

It's not just in New Zealand. the card for SBW against the Lions was their first red card for 50 years!!!!!! 50! Years!

If anyone genuinely believes that no All-Black has done anything deserving of a red card in 50 years then I have a bridge i'd like to sell them!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Jun 2018 13:10 pm said..

Has anyone else watched All or Nothing on Amazon Prime....The ABs post RWC and post Lions...concentrating mainly on the Lions tour. Fascinating, but personally I don't think it put a good light on them especially the way it was edited.

Recommended, if only for the SBW sending off whinging in light of the weekend's events.

Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Still Realistic 12 Jun 2018 08:37 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:one of those should be a red, the other is barely worth mentioning!

The "seatbelt" tackle is one of the most inconsistantly refereed at the moment imho. I agree that as the law currently stands that if the arm is over the shoulder and there is no contact with the head or neck then it should be a penalty only. In the case of French lock this was clearly the case however I see numerous tackles like this in every game go unpunished. If WR are serious about moving the tackle below the shoulder (and the next experiment is below nipple level) then they have to penalise this on a more consistant basis. Players will soon stop!
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Porky 12 Jun 2018 08:44 am said..

Fat Taff wrote:Image

One of these tackles gets a yellow card, the other, a penalty.

What also strikes me is the All Black going immediately into "appeal/whinge" mode - never wanted to see this in Rugby Union but now, even the much vaunted "tough" All Blacks are doing it. Shame on you, Ryan Crotty!

The lack of citings for the doubly illegal tackle on Grosso speaks volumes for the fear WR has of upsetting the All Blacks.

Frankly, it stinks.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby