New Zealand v France

Re: New Zealand v France

Not1eyed 16 Jun 2018 13:58 pm said..

I agree Marble eye. In fact most are coached to jump with the knee raised at head height. It would be a shame if it came to no jumping as a good contest in the air is great to see but as the laws stand it’s a total mess.
I don’t agree with the sanction being dependent on how the player lands. I believe the offence is the same regardless of landing. An example I’ve used many times is player tackled in air lands on shoulders/head plays on but tackler is red carded yet same offence player landing on feet lands awkwardly and breaks a leg so has lengthy spell out of game yet it’s just a penalty against tackler. Ridiculous. I know I’m using extreme examples too before anyone points that out
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 16 Jun 2018 14:03 pm said..

Fair enough FT. We will have to agree to disagree. Ref clearly stated that there was no contest for ball in air as Fall had no chance to win. I haven’t seen the push I will take a look.
I have seen the views of a frequent premiership official on my social media page and he states if he was AR he would have said red card in his capacity and that’s how he would have asked for it to be reviewed.
It’s all opinions and I respect your view but for me officials got this spot on
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Old Duffer 16 Jun 2018 14:52 pm said..

Well if it was a red under the laws, then I think the laws need to change. To me the French player was simply standing on the ground positioned to catch, and looking directly at, the ball. How can that be a red card offence? As others have said I think if player welfare is the issue the laws will have to change to stop players jumping for the ball.
Old Duffer
Senior squad member

Steve M 16 Jun 2018 14:56 pm said..

There's going to be some horrendous collisions if two players come running towards the same high ball, are not allowed to jump, and hit each other flat out … will need some new laws to referee that then.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 16 Jun 2018 15:15 pm said..

No kicking higher than head height.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Gollum 16 Jun 2018 16:05 pm said..

Is it my imagination or was it once legal to call a mark from anywhere on the pitch?
Gollum
First team regular

Old Duffer 16 Jun 2018 16:10 pm said..

Steve M I think the point is that if they're both on the ground already they wont then fall from several feet in the air on to their heads. Players on the ground colliding at speed happens all the time doesnt it?
Old Duffer
Senior squad member

Steve M 16 Jun 2018 16:59 pm said..

Old Duffer wrote:Players on the ground colliding at speed happens all the time doesnt it?

Not when they are both looking up in the air at the ball !!
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 16 Jun 2018 17:13 pm said..

No kicking higher than head height.

That's Gary Owen knackered then :D
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Marble Eye 16 Jun 2018 17:19 pm said..

Marble Eye
Hall of Famer