Peter Walton and John Fletcher

Peter Walton and John Fletcher

Fat Taff 09 Jun 2018 17:28 pm said..

Massively successful England u18s coaches who have been running the age group for ten years. Eleven of the starting England side today had been coached by them at some point, with many England players pointing to them as having had a huge influence on their careers, and they command massive respect from their coaching peers.

They were at a formal dinner this week which Dean Ryan attended. Apparently,they were seperately asked to step outside for a conversation and neither returned. They were told their services were no longer required.

No RFU confirmation yet, but both the Times and Telegraph are running it.

Baffling. Why would they do that?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Re: Peter Walton and John Fletcher

Beddis 09 Jun 2018 19:20 pm said..

A few rumours on twitter that the RFU finances aren’t as rosy as most people believed???

Perhaps the price of gin has increased faster than ticket prices :mrgreen:
Posts: 3185  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Steve M 09 Jun 2018 21:19 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Perhaps the price of gin has increased faster than ticket prices :mrgreen:

That is hard to believe !
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

The Moog 09 Jun 2018 21:25 pm said..

Well sell Twickenham then
The Moog
First team regular

shawnsheep 10 Jun 2018 08:02 am said..

Maybe they were both born in England to English parents so do not qualify under the England selection policy.

Why nurture you own when it quicker to pick up the worlds talent who are either not good enough for their own country, or can earn more playing for a country which is really not theirs.
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

shawnsheep 11 Jun 2018 22:22 pm said..

For those who have a Telegraph account

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/06/11/rfu-axe-100-jobs-month-brutal-cost-cutting-exercise/

The World Cup budget, 30M is ring fenced.

Mainly down to the cost of the East Stand that doubled from 40M.

However, you will be pleased to know

However, the council rejected a motion that would have assisted with the cost-cutting which asked members to pay for partners’ match tickets and lunches for the four Tests at Twickenham this autumn, which would have saved around £30,000.
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Jun 2018 07:47 am said..

Seemsa strange thing to do at a formal dinner, unless something came up over dinner and the point was pushed, else proper management during office hours would seem to be more appropriate.

One thing's for certain a losing brand, which the RFU is starting to suffer from, won't be commanding top dollar in a RWC exposure year.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Castle Grim Reaper 12 Jun 2018 08:32 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Seemsa strange thing to do at a formal dinner, unless something came up over dinner and the point was pushed, else proper management during office hours would seem to be more appropriate.

One thing's for certain a losing brand, which the RFU is starting to suffer from, won't be commanding top dollar in a RWC exposure year.

I think you are missing the point KPB, the RFU often hold dinners during office hours :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Jun 2018 08:37 am said..

Fair point....rather partial to them myself ;-)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Return to Gloucester Rugby