Argentina v Wales

Re: Argentina v Wales

Not1eyed 10 Jun 2018 21:29 pm said..

If wales are less than 100/1 keep your money.
Posts: 1010
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Re: Argentina v Wales

Sheddy Mcshedface 10 Jun 2018 21:34 pm said..

Murphy wrote:Anglo Irish background, but really impressed with Wales. Unlucky against England and not far behind Ireland, both away games. To me, they look great prospects for Japan. Defo worth a punt. Looking now for best odds.


Still drunk on a Sunday? Nice!
Posts: 945
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

Re: Argentina v Wales

Lewi7 10 Jun 2018 21:49 pm said..

Players left at home:

Back row: Warburton, Tipuric, Navidi, Shingler & Falatau.
Backs: Liam Williams, Halfpenny, Jonathan Davies, Biggar, Steff Evans either left at home or injured (or Owen W, Jamie Roberts)
Second row: Alun Wyn Jones, Bradley Davies, Jake Ball, Charteris - as above
Front row: injured on tour - Wyn Jones, left at home Ken Owens.
Scrum half: no Rhys Webb or Lloyd Williams on tour.

There is something like 10/12 matches left to the RWC, Gats is simply building depth and competition.
Posts: 3454  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7
Moderator

Re: Argentina v Wales

David 11 Jun 2018 05:48 am said..

Samson.
Posts: 803
David
On the board

Re: Argentina v Wales

Stroud Wizard 11 Jun 2018 09:00 am said..

There can be no doubt that Warburton’s place in the Welsh team is under threat. The game has moved on and Warburton’s style of play is ill suited for that. He is rarely seen with the ball in hand and when he makes the rare break he looks rather pedestrian. Henis also rarely seen linking with the three quarters. There are now alternatives who cannot only win the loose ball and create turnovers but can also add much more to the team in open play. How Wales can ignore Tuperic for a regular starting spot is mystifying, even the All Blacks wpuld like him in their squad, and one can only hope that others of similar mould will not suffer the same fate. Warburton certainly has a challenge on his hands.
Posts: 161
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

Re: Argentina v Wales

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jun 2018 10:06 am said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:There can be no doubt that Warburton’s place in the Welsh team is under threat. The game has moved on and Warburton’s style of play is ill suited for that. He is rarely seen with the ball in hand and when he makes the rare break he looks rather pedestrian. Henis also rarely seen linking with the three quarters. There are now alternatives who cannot only win the loose ball and create turnovers but can also add much more to the team in open play. How Wales can ignore Tuperic for a regular starting spot is mystifying, even the All Blacks wpuld like him in their squad, and one can only hope that others of similar mould will not suffer the same fate. Warburton certainly has a challenge on his hands.


You could have just gone with these 4 words.
Posts: 945
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

Re: Argentina v Wales

Fat Taff 11 Jun 2018 11:58 am said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:There can be no doubt that Warburton’s place in the Welsh team is under threat. The game has moved on and Warburton’s style of play is ill suited for that. He is rarely seen with the ball in hand and when he makes the rare break he looks rather pedestrian. Henis also rarely seen linking with the three quarters. There are now alternatives who cannot only win the loose ball and create turnovers but can also add much more to the team in open play. How Wales can ignore Tuperic for a regular starting spot is mystifying, even the All Blacks wpuld like him in their squad, and one can only hope that others of similar mould will not suffer the same fate. Warburton certainly has a challenge on his hands.


Charlie Morgan in the Telegraph is one of the best writers around at present. Every now and then, he picks out players and comes up with hugely detailed analysis of their performances. This is what he saw in one of Warburton's Lions matches.
It blows your theories out of the water. How has the game moved on since the Lions tour, where he was so effective? I agree that Wales are blessed with back row options, but it would be unwise to dimiss a fit Warburton.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... ghlanders/
Posts: 3182
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Re: Argentina v Wales

David 11 Jun 2018 12:46 pm said..

Ahem (clears throat):
"With Sam as our Captain, we'll win the World Cup."
Which would be nice...
Posts: 803
David
On the board

Re: Argentina v Wales

Murphy 11 Jun 2018 13:34 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Murphy wrote:Anglo Irish background, but really impressed with Wales. Unlucky against England and not far behind Ireland, both away games. To me, they look great prospects for Japan. Defo worth a punt. Looking now for best odds.


Still drunk on a Sunday? Nice!
???
Posts: 64
Murphy
First team regular

Re: Argentina v Wales

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jun 2018 13:50 pm said..

Murphy wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Murphy wrote:Anglo Irish background, but really impressed with Wales. Unlucky against England and not far behind Ireland, both away games. To me, they look great prospects for Japan. Defo worth a punt. Looking now for best odds.


Still drunk on a Sunday? Nice!
???


I just assumed that if you were backing Wales to win the world cup then you must have been still feeling the effects of drinking from the night before! :lol:
Posts: 945
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests