Olivier Azam

Re: Olivier Azam

Ciren35 14 Jun 2018 11:20 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I was just sitting here in disbelief that the knee jerk reaction of some are so negative....
feisty?- yes
was he ever on the wrong side of the law? -yes,
was he skilled in his designated role on the pitch? - yes,
was he first name you wanted on the teamsheet-yes
did he always play 100% committed - yes
did he leave and come back because of his love of the club - yes
was he the worst play actor to ever appear in in a Gloucester shirt....oops! (couldn't resist it :D )

Thank you M. Azam, it is the likes of you that have made this great club what it is today, without you the club would not have been the same...to me that is the definition of a real legend and his legacy.

Almost brought a tear to my eye.... :)
Personally speaking, I loved seeing his name on the team sheet, as you could always guarantee 100% commitment...
For those who feel the need to knock his style, methods, commitment, etc, then I can only assume that they were either fishing for a bite (which has clearly been accomplished) or they’re following the wrong sport...
Ciren35
First team regular

Stroud Wizard 15 Jun 2018 07:49 am said..

Also in 2009 guilty of eye gouging on Jamie Roberts. Some say he was never guilty of cheap shots.
Not my kind of legend.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

Big Red 15 Jun 2018 08:12 am said..

Favourite Azam memory was the two tries he scored against Wasps on a freezing cold Friday night way back. We battered them and Olly was unstoppable that night. One of the best nights at CG I can remember.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Jun 2018 08:14 am said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Also in 2009 guilty of eye gouging on Jamie Roberts. Some say he was never guilty of cheap shots.
Not my kind of legend.

How long did it take to Google that?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Peanutcoxy 15 Jun 2018 08:16 am said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Also in 2009 guilty of eye gouging on Jamie Roberts. Some say he was never guilty of cheap shots.
Not my kind of legend.

What you fail to mention is that an intentional eye gouge led to a minimum 6 month ban back in the day. He got 9 weeks and was only that length because of the closed season and was in effect a couple of games. It was deemed unintentional but don’t let the facts get in the way of your agenda
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 15 Jun 2018 08:24 am said..

What nationality is Jamie Roberts? ;)
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Wilkosam 15 Jun 2018 08:51 am said..

SirHenry wrote:What nationality is Jamie Roberts? ;)

Could he possibly the same nationality as a certain Gloucester 10/12...?
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

Sticki 15 Jun 2018 08:53 am said..

I guess Stroud Wizard doesn't support Galarza either, and wants to see him thrown out of the club?
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Vice-Captain

Sticki 15 Jun 2018 08:55 am said..

May I add for what was an incidental accident, and no intent to eye gouge, still got 9 weeks though
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Vice-Captain

Baz 15 Jun 2018 09:08 am said..

I've read through this thread and it's only really Stroud wizard who has criticised Azam (which he is entitled to do) yet it's now being described as an 'Ollie Azam bashing'? I liked Azam because he basically did what 'we' supporters would like to have done, he beat up the opposition. I would say though that I think Scott Lawson was badly treated by some due to Azam's popularity, Azam was always cheered to the rafters whilst Scott (who in my opinion was the better hooker) only ever got polite applause as they trotted on and off.
One persons hero is another persons villain. Stroud wizard makes a point that obviously isn't agreed with by a vast majority. At least it's a point worth discussing, rather some of the drivel on the rumours thread and another odd come back rant. It's going to be along summer.
Baz
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby