Olivier Azam

Re: Olivier Azam

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Jun 2018 07:25 am said..

I was just sitting here in disbelief that the knee jerk reaction of some are so negative....
feisty?- yes
was he ever on the wrong side of the law? -yes,
was he skilled in his designated role on the pitch? - yes,
was he first name you wanted on the teamsheet-yes
did he always play 100% committed - yes
did he leave and come back because of his love of the club - yes
was he the worst play actor to ever appear in in a Gloucester shirt....oops! (couldn't resist it :D )

Thank you M. Azam, it is the likes of you that have made this great club what it is today, without you the club would not have been the same...to me that is the definition of a real legend and his legacy.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 4781  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: Olivier Azam

Mark from Stroud 14 Jun 2018 07:38 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I was just sitting here in disbelief that the knee jerk reaction of some are so negative....
feisty?- yes
was he ever on the wrong side of the law? -yes,
was he skilled in his designated role on the pitch? - yes,
was he first name you wanted on the teamsheet-yes
did he always play 100% committed - yes
did he leave and come back because of his love of the club - yes
was he the worst play actor to ever appear in in a Gloucester shirt....oops! (couldn't resist it :D )

Thank you M. Azam, it is the likes of you that have made this great club what it is today, without you the club would not have been the same...to me that is the definition of a real legend and his legacy.


It was some dive though :)

For what it is worth - I agree with all that
Posts: 599
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Re: Olivier Azam

David 14 Jun 2018 08:01 am said..

Agree, almost, almost, entirely. To be completely fair, though, vis-a-vis Z's skills and his "designated role" I do think it perhaps ought to be mentioned here that there were extended periods when he couldn't hit a proverbial barn door when throwing a rugby ball into the lineout.
And he did get sent off quite a lot: it sometimes seemed when he came on as a sub he just sort of acknowledged the cheers, said bonjour to the ref - and then had to go straight back off again.
Otherwise, bang on...
Posts: 776
David
On the board

Re: Olivier Azam

LowerO 14 Jun 2018 08:30 am said..

Verytrue David, but boy did we love him...

...and the love has grown since he departed!
Posts: 271
LowerO
Vice-Captain

Re: Olivier Azam

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Jun 2018 08:33 am said..

David wrote:Agree, almost, almost, entirely. To be completely fair, though, vis-a-vis Z's skills and his "designated role" I do think it perhaps ought to be mentioned here that there were extended periods when he couldn't hit a proverbial barn door when throwing a rugby ball into the lineout.
And he did get sent off quite a lot: it sometimes seemed when he came on as a sub he just sort of acknowledged the cheers, said bonjour to the ref - and then had to go straight back off again.
Otherwise, bang on...


I had to think a bit before I came up with designated role ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 4781  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: Olivier Azam

Mark from Stroud 14 Jun 2018 09:01 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
David wrote:Agree, almost, almost, entirely. To be completely fair, though, vis-a-vis Z's skills and his "designated role" I do think it perhaps ought to be mentioned here that there were extended periods when he couldn't hit a proverbial barn door when throwing a rugby ball into the lineout.
And he did get sent off quite a lot: it sometimes seemed when he came on as a sub he just sort of acknowledged the cheers, said bonjour to the ref - and then had to go straight back off again.
Otherwise, bang on...


I had to think a bit before I came up with designated role ;)


Pantomime villain surely?
Posts: 599
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Re: Olivier Azam

Asgard 14 Jun 2018 10:03 am said..

I used to buy DVD's of every Gloucester game from the company tasked with producing them for the premiership - no commentary but all the refs comments, crowd noise etc. On one - Leeds away - I heard Andrew Small the referee warn his assistants when Z came on as a replacement " Beware gentlemen, Mr Azam is now on the pitch"
Posts: 1356
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Re: Olivier Azam

Glen Sannox 14 Jun 2018 10:24 am said..

Top bloke, great player, totally committed to the cause. I really wonder about anyone who knocks him.
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 1600
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Re: Olivier Azam

David 14 Jun 2018 10:45 am said..

Absolument. Or who would even dare. I certainly wouldn't...
:lol: ;)
Posts: 776
David
On the board

Re: Olivier Azam

Glen Sannox 14 Jun 2018 11:06 am said..

Excellent
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 1600
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Penang All Blue, Poolbrook and 23 guests