Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Jun 2018 09:50 am said..

Tigers pitch is undergoing it's annual renovation?..... I presume that we will need to do likewise...which I assume reduces the window for revenue use of the pitch in the summer? Quite surprised me....

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pitch-relaying-begins-at-welford-road
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 5427  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

Steve M 12 Jun 2018 10:20 am said..

Not up on these things but the description of the Tigers pitch sounds different to 'Holm
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Posts: 950  Location: Longlevens, Gloucester
Steve M
On the board

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

DieTrying 12 Jun 2018 10:36 am said..

Steve M wrote:Not up on these things but the description of the Tigers pitch sounds different to 'Holm


Same supplier, newer design.
Posts: 3551  Location: Gloucester
User avatar
DieTrying
Moderator

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

GlawsyD 12 Jun 2018 10:50 am said..

“This will create a nice clean sand profile which we will then top dress with around 80 tons of sand. We’ll then aerate the pitch"

Sounds just like Weston - hopefully with donkeys!
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Posts: 2387  Location: Moonraker Capital
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

covglaws 12 Jun 2018 11:36 am said..

Love the name of the groundsman. Ed Mowe. 8-)
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1375  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Jun 2018 11:40 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Tigers pitch is undergoing it's annual renovation?..... I presume that we will need to do likewise...which I assume reduces the window for revenue use of the pitch in the summer? Quite surprised me....

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pitch-relaying-begins-at-welford-road


The article seems to suggest the process only takes 3 days so presumably sensible planning would allow for the pitch still to be used for gigs etc
Posts: 1188
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

MartynWestBerks 12 Jun 2018 12:21 pm said..

From what I can see the Tigers contractor - Premier Turfing in Langworth, Lincs a different supplier to one being used at Kingsholm - County Turf based in Scunthorpe and laying a 'Hero Hybrid Grass' pitch.
Posts: 444
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

Chalker 12 Jun 2018 13:33 pm said..

Tom Jones' agent is keeping a very close eye on the matter.
Posts: 1376
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Re: Hybrid Pitch Annual Renovation

DieTrying 12 Jun 2018 13:55 pm said..

MartynWestBerks wrote:From what I can see the Tigers contractor - Premier Turfing in Langworth, Lincs a different supplier to one being used at Kingsholm - County Turf based in Scunthorpe and laying a 'Hero Hybrid Grass' pitch.


To clafify. Tigers have an Eclipse Elite hybrid. We are having the latest version; Eclipse Hero hybrid.
Posts: 3551  Location: Gloucester
User avatar
DieTrying
Moderator
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ElverEater, foresterinyorks, Opportunist, Sky blue, TP17, Up the jumper and 48 guests