South Africa v England part II

Re: South Africa v England part II

DieTrying 18 Jun 2018 17:01 pm said..

If I was Cipriani or Woodward, I'm not sure I'd want to be involved in a bus crash of a tour.
DieTrying

robs1 18 Jun 2018 17:13 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:If I was Cipriani or Woodward, I'm not sure I'd want to be involved in a bus crash of a tour.

From a glos point of view I dont want either picked for a lost cause and then discarded with a huge loss of confidence that we have to rebuild or even worse suffer a serious injury
robs1
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 18 Jun 2018 18:29 pm said..

Do you think they would agree with your point Robs ?? I very much doubt it as professional sportsmen...….

Would you say "no" to EJ if you were in their positions ??

A stupid and selfish attitude IMHO
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1385  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

robs1 18 Jun 2018 19:44 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Do you think they would agree with your point Robs ?? I very much doubt it as professional sportsmen...….

Did I say it would be THEIR point of view ? Of course it wouldnt be, I said from Glos' point of view, A we dont want them picked and then discarded after playing in a poor team and being blamed for maybe a couple of mistakes? Remember it has happened before to Charlie Shaples and Allen who were selected and dumped, it did harm to their confidence which nose dived and it took a long time to get it back and play well for us again. Cips is old enough for it to wash over him hopefully but not sure Woodward would take it so easily. B we dont want them injured either, .

Sorry if you think that either is a stupid and selfish attitude as a fan, we arent all blessed with your superior thought processes, perhaps it would be better if all those who have a different opinion to the wise and gifted kept those views to themselves, mind it might be a tad quiet on shedweb, IMHO of course :roll:
robs1
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 18 Jun 2018 19:53 pm said..

robs1 wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Do you think they would agree with your point Robs ?? I very much doubt it as professional sportsmen...….

Did I say it would be THEIR point of view ? Of course it wouldnt be, I said from Glos' point of view, A we dont want them picked and then discarded after playing in a poor team and being blamed for maybe a couple of mistakes? Remember it has happened before to Charlie Shaples and Allen who were selected and dumped, it did harm to their confidence which nose dived and it took a long time to get it back and play well for us again. Cips is old enough for it to wash over him hopefully but not sure Woodward would take it so easily. B we dont want them injured either, .

Sorry if you think that either is a stupid and selfish attitude as a fan, we arent all blessed with your superior thought processes, perhaps it would be better if all those who have a different opinion to the wise and gifted kept those views to themselves, mind it might be a tad quiet on shedweb, IMHO of course :roll:

LOL +1
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 18 Jun 2018 20:38 pm said..

I would have thought Glos would want them to play and come through unscathed
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Gloucester Mute 19 Jun 2018 06:41 am said..

Rugby (training and playing) is a contact sport where injuries can and do occur.

I suppose, as a GRFC supporter, you would consider it fine if their injuries occurred at Hartpury or in a GRFC shirt ??

Take off your parochial CG blinkers and consider it from their greater perspective as professional sportsmen...……...and consider the related kudos GRFC receive from having players in International shirts.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1385  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 19 Jun 2018 06:48 am said..

Financially it’s also good if Woodward plays isn’t it? Or is the fact he made the tour enough?
ryno_chelt
On the board

robs1 19 Jun 2018 07:24 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Rugby (training and playing) is a contact sport where injuries can and do occur.

I suppose, as a GRFC supporter, you would consider it fine if their injuries occurred at Hartpury or in a GRFC shirt ??

Take off your parochial CG blinkers and consider it from their greater perspective as professional sportsmen...……...and consider the related kudos GRFC receive from having players in International shirts.

Do you know I never knew rugby was a contact sport,how many times have we had players crocked while on international duty? Injuries are bad and its make no difference where they occur, as for Kudos well Cips hasnt even pulled on a glos shirt yet so that hardly applies to him and IMO the only kudos from playing for any country is from the supporters of the club, I dont look at any international side and look to see who they play for but of course if we have glos players in any international team that is good for our supporters but in reality it means little .
I support Glos first, England second and have done in the 50 years I have been going to KIngsholm,I have no problem with anyone who doesnt agree with that, do I want our players to play for their country and do well of course I do but not to their long term detriment, as has happened before and under the current regime likely to again,
robs1
Hall of Famer

Robbiet 19 Jun 2018 07:38 am said..

+1
Robbiet
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby