South Africa v England part II

Re: South Africa v England part II

Gloucester Mute 19 Jun 2018 08:33 am said..

Ironic that Shedweb has a current Topic on best uncapped GRFC players and yet at same time some posters don't want our players to be appearing for their national sides (unless they both win and don't get injured) !!

Parochial. :(
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1330  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Blackcountryglaws 19 Jun 2018 08:35 am said..

Am I alone in thinking that Shedweb undergoes a change in personality in the off season? Are the comments a little more tart, the replies just a tad more vitriolic? Does the sarcasm and distain drip just a little more freely than during the playing season?
Maybe it's the lack of rugby at CG, or perhaps the weather or even the effects of the long summer BBQs and associated imbibing.
Or is it that I'm an ill educated, ill informed fool who knows nothing about rugby and should reserve my inane comments for the round ball loving community of which I am so clearly a member?
I await a welter of relies with bated breath.
Blackcountryglaws
Turns out for the A team

Beddis 19 Jun 2018 08:44 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Ironic that Shedweb has a current Topic on best uncapped GRFC players and yet at same time some posters don't want our players to be appearing for their national sides (unless they both win and don't get injured) !!

Parochial. :(

It is bizarre isn’t it!

Personally I would love to see Woodward and Cipriani selected and also Trinder, Ludlow and Slater called up as well as they all have played well enough and better than the current incumbents
Posts: 3986  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Beddis 19 Jun 2018 08:45 am said..

Not to forget Vellacott who I think it would do the world of good, particularly as Youngs and Care aren’t up to the job
Beddis

Beddis 19 Jun 2018 08:46 am said..

Blackcountryglaws wrote:Am I alone in thinking that Shedweb undergoes a change in personality in the off season? Are the comments a little more tart, the replies just a tad more vitriolic? Does the sarcasm and distain drip just a little more freely than during the playing season?
Maybe it's the lack of rugby at CG, or perhaps the weather or even the effects of the long summer BBQs and associated imbibing.
Or is it that I'm an ill educated, ill informed fool who knows nothing about rugby and should reserve my inane comments for the round ball loving community of which I am so clearly a member?
I await a welter of relies with bated breath.

I think a new OT topic is needed to lighten the mood, I’ll put it up later and hopefully it will relieve the boredom
Beddis

TheOptimistSenior 19 Jun 2018 08:52 am said..

robs1 wrote:
DieTrying wrote:If I was Cipriani or Woodward, I'm not sure I'd want to be involved in a bus crash of a tour.

From a glos point of view I dont want either picked for a lost cause and then discarded with a huge loss of confidence that we have to rebuild or even worse suffer a serious injury

robs1, I suppose it depends how you define a lost cause. If I was in either Cipriani's or Woodward's shoes, I would want to play in the final test, to show how good I was and to show the coach he had been wrong not to pick me, and perhaps to be part of an emphatic win against a Boks side, which is keen to achieve a whitewash.
However, I respect your opinion. It's a shame that on occasions, perjorative language (yes, that's you Gloucester Mute) is used to bolster an alternative opinion, but that's not new. ;)
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

lucifer 19 Jun 2018 09:06 am said..

“Parochial” GM? You must have been shocked, truly shocked to find such views on a GRFC website!
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 19 Jun 2018 09:28 am said..

Velacott is a real stretch Beddis. He’s hardly started a game for Gloucester and now he should be in the England squad?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Beddis 19 Jun 2018 09:37 am said..

Not1eyed wrote:Velacott is a real stretch Beddis. He’s hardly started a game for Gloucester and now he should be in the England squad?

I’ve seen enough to know that he is of the highest quality, a bench spot for England could really help him to the next level.

Certainly Care and Youngs haven’t performed so only a small risk imo
Beddis

Rob C 19 Jun 2018 09:46 am said..

If only the players could tackle as well as the Tunisians did last night in the Footy :lol: :D
Rob C
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby