Desert Island Discs

Re: Desert Island Discs

Castle Grim Reaper 22 Jun 2018 10:35 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:I'm not adding 2nd choices, that's cheating! you don't get to go on desert island discs or this is your life twice ;)

Well apart from the forty two celebrities who did appear on This is your Life twice and the two hundred and thirty six people who have appeared twice on Desert Island Discs, the twelve who have appeared three times and Arthur Askey and Sir David Attenborough who have made four appearances :oops:
Last edited by Castle Grim Reaper on 22 Jun 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 22 Jun 2018 10:37 am said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
GammoGlos wrote:I'm not adding 2nd choices, that's cheating! you don't get to go on desert island discs or this is your life twice ;)

Well apart from the forty two celebrities who did appear on This is your Life twice and the two hundred and thirty six people have appeared twice on Desert Island Discs, the twelve who have appeared three times and Arthur Askey and Sir David Attenborough who have made four appearances :oops:

:D
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

radioshed 22 Jun 2018 10:54 am said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:
must be a generational thing

I know, it is scary to think of the combined age of the ShedWeb dwellers. I'm guessing the average age must be around 55

Oh no, at 56 I am pushing the average age up.
radioshed
Vice-Captain

Lurker 22 Jun 2018 11:54 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:
Lurker wrote:Eddie Cochran - Cherished Memories
Travelling Wilburys - Willbury rock

Can't find this one on Spotify!

which of those 2 cant you find Gammo?

Lucky I didn't go with Texas Ranger Man (Sir Doug and the Texas Tornados) or something off my bootleg Stones album :D
Lurker
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 22 Jun 2018 11:55 am said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:

Well apart from the forty two celebrities who did appear on This is your Life twice and the two hundred and thirty six people who have appeared twice on Desert Island Discs, the twelve who have appeared three times and Arthur Askey and Sir David Attenborough who have made four appearances :oops:

Still doesn't make it right :) they were obviously struggling for contributions, whereas we have thousands!
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

GammoGlos 22 Jun 2018 11:56 am said..

Lurker wrote:
GammoGlos wrote:
Lurker wrote:Eddie Cochran - Cherished Memories
Travelling Wilburys - Willbury rock

Can't find this one on Spotify!

which of those 2 cant you find Gammo?

Lucky I didn't go with Texas Ranger Man (Sir Doug and the Texas Tornados) or something off my bootleg Stones album :D

The Wilburys
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

Lurker 22 Jun 2018 12:03 pm said..

I don't have Spotify (or Facebook) - this is the Google result https://www.bing.com/search?q=wilbury+twist&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IESR4A&adlt=strict
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Wise Words 22 Jun 2018 12:08 pm said..

In no particular order ...
A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall Patti Smith
Tweeter and the Monkey Man Travelling Wilburys
Radio Gaga Queen
Always on My Mind Elvis Presley
Have You Ever Seen The Rain Creedence Clearwater Revival
In Dreams Roy Orbison
The Dock of the Bay Otis Reading
Paradise by the Dashboard Light Meat Loaf

I will need an SAS Survival Book and a Swiss Army Knife.

This is an almost impossible question and will have different answer tomorrow. To save time and a second posting, here is tomorrow's selection , once again, in no particular order ...

I’d Rather Go Blind Etta James
White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane
California Dreamin Mamas and Papas
Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
Good Vibrations Beach Boys
With a Little Help From My Friends Joe Cocker
Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry
Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac
Wise Words
First team regular

Maxshedhead 22 Jun 2018 12:20 pm said..

First of all thank you Beddis for another great thread. The more I read it the more I am impressed with the fabulous song choices of fellow Shedwebbers. I, like many others, draw conclusions about posters based on the comments they make but I have to say that I am forced to change my mind when I see their song choices. Perhaps they are not that bad after all.....
Maxshedhead
Senior squad member

Lemster Jeff 22 Jun 2018 12:23 pm said..

I sense a poll brewing ......
“ Which decade were you born in ? “
Lemster Jeff
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby