Poll ended at 30 Jun 2018 18:06 pm

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes : 74

Re: Soccer World Cup is it coming home?

Steve M 01 Jul 2018 06:57 am said..

madders wrote:England were beaten by a team that wanted to lose.....says it all really.

It depends on how you look at things. If we are saying that both teams really wanted to lose then at least England managed to achieve their objective whereas Belgium failed. Didn't really matter anyway … ;)
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

Steve M 03 Jul 2018 18:13 pm said..

Don't think his name is Uncas but I hear that Columbia have a Mohican playing at left back tonight !! :o :lol:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

Snevets49 03 Jul 2018 20:39 pm said..

Answer to thread title...

Nope......
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 03 Jul 2018 21:19 pm said..

Mmm! Anyone feeling more optimistic?
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

tigerchef 03 Jul 2018 21:22 pm said..

Yes. Young team who have learnt some valuable lessons this evening. They also won a penalty shoot out, what's not to like?
tigerchef
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 04 Jul 2018 00:06 am said..

Funniest remark I heard in the pub before Colombia v England KO was "Supply v Demand" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1207  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

glawsteruk 04 Jul 2018 05:55 am said..

Perhaps Southgate's strategy against Belgium wasn't so bad after all. Credit to him and the players - compared to the English Rugby Team and their coach, they impress me greatly these days. Final seems a real possibility now.
glawsteruk
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 04 Jul 2018 06:58 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Funniest remark I heard in the pub before Colombia v England KO was "Supply v Demand" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine was...strange that half of Coventry will be supporting England high on Columbian... ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

lovejoy 04 Jul 2018 07:21 am said..

Well we are playing Sweden next who, along with Russia, are the weakest team left so you can't be unhappy with how the draw has panned out. Semis would be good. Can't see us beating any of the other teams left though.
I do dislike the jingoism this brings out in the populist media (and Im sure the majority of our celtic cousins ageree) - also I do fear this will be hijacked by the Brexit loonies along the lines of "if we show the world what we can do at the world cup, we can surely make a success of Brexit" etc.
lovejoy
Hero in the making

covglaws 04 Jul 2018 07:50 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Funniest remark I heard in the pub before Colombia v England KO was "Supply v Demand" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine was...strange that half of Coventry will be supporting England high on Columbian... ;)

What were you doing up Foleshill Road anyway :D
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1401  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby