Gareth Evans.

Gareth Evans.

Old Rik 02 Jul 2018 18:25 pm said..

Was wondering if anybody had any info on his position with reference to fitness. I always felt he had the physique and the pace to seriously make an impact on the league but has been so unlucky with injuries at crucial times. With the riches we have in the back row I quess he has to just go for it this year.
Old Rik
Senior squad member

Re: Gareth Evans.

Sheddy Mcshedface 02 Jul 2018 18:31 pm said..

Seen a few of the photos of preseason and he appears to be involved. Is really going to have to pull up some trees to be involved on a regular basis ahead of Kriel, Ackermann, Morgan, Ludlow, Polledri, Clarke or Safe.

Hope he does get a chance as he is a dynamic ball carrier but I fear a year on the lifelines may be hard to overcome. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Worcester one day.
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

Lurker 02 Jul 2018 18:33 pm said..

Always like Gaz when he gets game time but wonder if this is his make or break season? He is unlikely to get
Much game time with the other back row players at Ackerman’s disposal so unless he shows he is better than the likes of Ludlow and Poledri I fear we won’t see him next year. Love to be wrong.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 02 Jul 2018 19:18 pm said..

If fit I'd assume he'd be in the 7s.
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

glawfindel 03 Jul 2018 12:22 pm said..

Do we need any bish-bash centres?
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Cherryade 03 Jul 2018 14:59 pm said..

Not his fault but he's been persistently injured during his time at Glaws.....bit of a Django type; great on the hard, fast surfaces but goes missing when its tougher going....agree I think a make or break season for him. Johan will have seen very little of him so its up to him to impress this season.
Cherryade
Senior squad member

Gb83 03 Jul 2018 17:55 pm said..

Cherryade wrote:Not his fault but he's been persistently injured during his time at Glaws.....bit of a Django type; great on the hard, fast surfaces but goes missing when its tougher going....agree I think a make or break season for him. Johan will have seen very little of him so its up to him to impress this season.

I don’t think Evans can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Forrster, he was a special talent. Evans is an ok player but not a prem starter even when fit.
Gb83
Hero in the making

Baz 04 Jul 2018 14:04 pm said..

Just in to the 3rd Gloucester game in a row on BT Rugby replay of games in the 2014/2015 season and we have beaten Exeter away and Saracens at home so far :) We are now 16-6 up against Northampton but the interesting thing is how good Gareth Evans was, Just totally different to any other 8, very quick and has a great side step but also the ability to brush players off tackling him.
We can now play totally different conditions with our back row options. Kriel, Polledri and Evans would give us a lightening back row with something like Morgan,Ackermann and ludlow more of an attritional one. So many more options too but this thread is about Evans and I think he very much has a place in this squad.
Now 23-6 to Glos by the way. :)
Baz
Hall of Famer

TP17 04 Jul 2018 14:21 pm said..

Just put it on myself Baz, can't believe how much our team has changed in 4 years! Dan Murphy, Tom Palmer, Kvesic, Meakes, McColl etc
TP17
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 05 Jul 2018 23:00 pm said..

Evans looking in good shape in pre season. Packed on some muscle!
ryno_chelt
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby