Wuss

Wuss

Glen Sannox 04 Jul 2018 16:10 pm said..

I hear that some ownership news is just around the corner...maybe as soon as this coming Friday. Might be wrong, but...will we have a happy or sad Rollo? ;)
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Re: Wuss

Peanutcoxy 04 Jul 2018 17:07 pm said..

That almost sounds like a proper rumour
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

ROLLO 04 Jul 2018 19:06 pm said..

It is a rumour.
Until such time as a new buyer is announced the Allen family trust continue to support the club , hence the positive recruitment of players and coaches.
ROLLO
Hero in the making

Glen Sannox 04 Jul 2018 21:34 pm said..

There is a press conference scheduled for Fri...maybe a new player, or something else? ;)
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

The Moog 04 Jul 2018 22:12 pm said..

I really hope Warriors get a decent owner because I love the away experience. Worcester supporters are so friendly.
The Moog
First team regular

Oakwood 05 Jul 2018 05:22 am said..

And it's my closest stadium.
Oakwood
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 05 Jul 2018 06:24 am said..

Well, having lost £8.1M as per their most recent set of accounts any new owner would need to have very deep pockets. The club's sale price was £26.7M and that included Sixways' 50-acre site.

I wonder if any new owner might sell off some of the land to raise some funds so as to pay down some of the debt?
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 05 Jul 2018 08:45 am said..

Glen Sannox I think that most AP clubs have press conferences on Fridays. It is also the day when the fixtures are announced so I don't read anything into that.
ROLLO
Hero in the making

TP17 05 Jul 2018 09:00 am said..

Just out of interest, do the club own the land close by to the stadium on which Worcester RFC play? I remember playing there before for Hucclecote back in the day.
TP17
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 05 Jul 2018 09:19 am said..

TP17 They own all of the land around Sixways which includes where I guess you played and is now a car park opposite the stadium . The original WRFC now play on their own ground across the road where a clubhouse and land was provided as part of the deal to gain full ownership and tidy up the boundaries. Before that part of the ground that the stadium is built on was owned by the amateur club.
It is not impossible that there could be a sale of some of the ground independent of the club, but I think that the preference is for it all to be sold as one lot. We are quite relaxed at present, Greg Allen has been as good as his word to date with funding and he says he will only sell on to the right buyer.
ROLLO
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby