The last Burns thread

Re: The last Burns thread

Charlie 10 Jul 2018 11:05 am said..

farmer wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:God forbid GRFC end up having to rely on Lloyd Evans at any important stage of their season...….IMVHO

Shocking statement.

From memory Mute has an agenda against Lloyd and his family stemming from an incident Mute alleged on this forum occurred at a junior rugby event in Cheltenham when Lloyd was a teenager. Mute also incorrectly stated in the past here that Lloyd was dropped from the Gloucester Rugby Academy when in fact the opposite was true of his progress. IMVHO Mute's opinion of the player is based around his anecdotal conjecture, rather than Lloyd's performances in a Gloucester shirt, which IMO have been excellent when he's come on for the first team.

I wish Billy all the best, he has been an outstanding performer and over 100 games is testament to this. Looking forward to the future though with Cips at 10, Williams backing him up, Billy 12Trees and Lloyd Evans able to step in. William's may be looked at as a 12 by Gatland, but lets not forget his performances at 10 kept Freddie Burns out of the shirt at Leicester.
Charlie
Turns out for the A team

Lord Lucan 10 Jul 2018 11:33 am said..

Charlie wrote:
farmer wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:God forbid GRFC end up having to rely on Lloyd Evans at any important stage of their season...….IMVHO

Shocking statement.

From memory Mute has an agenda against Lloyd and his family stemming from an incident Mute alleged on this forum occurred at a junior rugby event in Cheltenham when Lloyd was a teenager. Mute also incorrectly stated in the past here that Lloyd was dropped from the Gloucester Rugby Academy when in fact the opposite was true of his progress. IMVHO Mute's opinion of the player is based around his anecdotal conjecture, rather than Lloyd's performances in a Gloucester shirt, which IMO have been excellent when he's come on for the first team.

I wish Billy all the best, he has been an outstanding performer and over 100 games is testament to this. Looking forward to the future though with Cips at 10, Williams backing him up, Billy 12Trees and Lloyd Evans able to step in. William's may be looked at as a 12 by Gatland, but lets not forget his performances at 10 kept Freddie Burns out of the shirt at Leicester.

Mute waging a vendetta , nothing new there, you could almost get the impression that his a very sad pathetic bitter old man.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

stevieb 10 Jul 2018 11:36 am said..

Charlie wrote:
farmer wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:

I agree with this. Billy gave his all but Glos have adequate cover. People keep saying that Cipriani and Williams could be missing at various times, yes but so could any player at any position. The salary cap simply does not allow for an endless depth of international class players at every position. The powers that be have decided that the way to finish above 7th/9th is to have a smaller squad of higher paid/better players. We just have to keep our fingers crossed re injuries.
stevieb
On the board

Tim in Shropshire 10 Jul 2018 11:41 am said..

Obviously Billy polarises opinion. Never quite did it for me but couldn't fault the effort.
Johan Ackermann clearly felt that we needed an upgrade at 10 and got Cipriani in. At that point I'm sure BB decided he had to look at what else was out there as there was a chance he would be third choice this season. Will always be the way in professional sport.
Wish him well for the future
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

Sky blue 10 Jul 2018 11:46 am said..

I’m very happy to have Cips and Williams as our first choice 10*s. Is there a better pairing in the league?

* A reminder that Gats picked Williams at 12 because he wanted two 10s on the field - not because OW is a 12.

As back up we have BTT, Evans, Atkinson at a push and hasn’t Marshall played there previously?

Good luck to little Billy - always gave his all and is very talented. That said the move makes sense for all parties - if we had to lose a 10, we’ve probably lost the right one.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 10 Jul 2018 13:25 pm said..

Charlie - Not exactly true. My previous "beef" was related to how I felt young "Evans" had risen up the GRFC ladder. That was previously though and is totally unrelated to his senior performances.

If allowed an opinion that veers from the out-and-out sycophancy some would like on here, my personal opinion, based on what I have seen is that I, a STH, would prefer not to see Lloyd Evans exposed in the no 10 GRFC shirt for any important matches YET. Maybe he'll prove me wrong - which will be excellent.

Just not yet another Saffa import !!

Opinions are still allowed on SW I assume ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1194  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Al b bogard 10 Jul 2018 13:26 pm said..

Charlie wrote:
farmer wrote:

Shocking statement.

+1

As ever Mute's support of one of our own is lamentable. Yet again he ignores facts, Lloyd was not dropped from the Welsh squad he simply chose to represent England. Mute clearly does have a hidden agenda when it comes to Lloyd and forgets his own grovelling email apology, sent through the moderator, on this matter previously. Have a re read of it Mute and see what you said. Perhaps now he is prepared to man up and say face to face what the issue is, having rejected this opportunity previously. Just name the day and venue Mute... don't be a cowardly faceless keyboard warrior all your life.

Thank goodness our coaches know what they are doing and see the young talent in front of them day to day, even when some of that talent has been badly injured in pursuit of their own and Gloucester's goals.
Al b bogard
Academy prospect

Brakspear 10 Jul 2018 13:59 pm said..

I am a troubled soul... I have watched and contributed to Shedweb for a while and am always left puzzled by the angst/exasperation/frustration etc. fellow posters seem to feel towards Gloucester Mute. I am not entirely sure why but the comments against GM must mean we drive many other potential posters away from this forum. Is this the right way to question the views of some on this forum?

In this instance I fully support GM questioning Lloyd Evans as he has done little to make me believe he will be a Gallagher (Aviva is easier to say and spell) Premiership ready player for this season, why is that wrong to voice?
Brakspear
Vice-Captain

NorthernShedHead 10 Jul 2018 14:53 pm said..

Brakspear wrote:I am a troubled soul... I have watched and contributed to Shedweb for a while and am always left puzzled by the angst/exasperation/frustration etc. fellow posters seem to feel towards Gloucester Mute. I am not entirely sure why but the comments against GM must mean we drive many other potential posters away from this forum. Is this the right way to question the views of some on this forum?

In this instance I fully support GM questioning Lloyd Evans as he has done little to make me believe he will be a Gallagher (Aviva is easier to say and spell) Premiership ready player for this season, why is that wrong to voice?

+1 couldn't have worded it better

The way this forum is spoken about on social media is embarrassing and there are certainly a number who steer clear
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Charlie 10 Jul 2018 14:55 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:If allowed an opinion that veers from the out-and-out sycophancy some would like on here

Stating an opinion that a young player who has already played 13 times for the first team (INCLUDING 20 minutes against Bath in the Premiership) is an adequate option as a fourth choice squad player is HARDLY sycophantic.

Gloucester Mute wrote:Opinions are still allowed on SW I assume ??

From what I've seen of Lloyd Evans in the first team, he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's not worth the 2 year senior contract extension he's just signed. Lets give a youngster a chance without writing him off in the early days of his career and judge him on his performances in the first team, not anecdotal evidence from 5 and more years ago as a junior.
Charlie
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby