The last Burns thread

Re: The last Burns thread

The Vic 11 Jul 2018 14:38 pm said..

Wish him all the very best. I can understand his desire to play international rugby, so I hope it works out for him. Hope he plays a blinder except against Glaws & Scotland
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 11 Jul 2018 18:52 pm said..

All this talk of development is hogwash, Wilkinson had won a World Cup at this age, face facts he just isn’t premiership class let alone international class.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Gb83 11 Jul 2018 19:01 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:All this talk of development is hogwash, Wilkinson had won a World Cup at this age, face facts he just isn’t premiership class let alone international class.

Totally agree, the fact he has gone to Ulster and not a premiership side says a lot. The Ireland world cup talk is nothing more than a smoke screen.
Gb83
On the board

Stroud Wizard 11 Jul 2018 19:20 pm said..

Must align myself with comments of Lord Lucan and Gb83. Ludicrous talk from Burns. All the talking should be done on the pitch.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

Lebowski 12 Jul 2018 06:59 am said..

That’s the spirit. Don’t let the fact he’s leaving prevent you from sticking the boot in. :( :(
Lebowski

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Jul 2018 07:25 am said..

Until he leaves and plays elsewhere we will never know his true capability or whether it's the environment that's holding him back. I certainly hope it will be the making of him and wish good luck and hope he's there for the pre-season match in August.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Mark from Stroud 12 Jul 2018 07:40 am said..

Must align myself with comments of Lebowski and KPB.

I really don't understand this need to stick the boot in. Everybody is entitled to an opinion on a player's skill, form and ability, but why resort to abuse?

Good luck Mr Burns
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Herefordpropforward 12 Jul 2018 07:47 am said..

I just don't understand why some folk don't want to wish Burns Minor all the best for a new start in a new environment. In any team sport a new club , with a new coaching set up , can kick start a career. I fear for the SW head bangers it is either a case of ' if you don't want us we don't want you' , or a deep rooted prejudice that if Glos can't develop him to full potential no one can. Well experience shows that ain't always the case. I am beginning to understand how small the world is for some on here but , refreshingly, not for all.
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Vice-Captain

HKC 12 Jul 2018 07:47 am said..

Gb83 wrote:
Lord Lucan wrote:All this talk of development is hogwash, Wilkinson had won a World Cup at this age, face facts he just isn’t premiership class let alone international class.

Totally agree, the fact he has gone to Ulster and not a premiership side says a lot. The Ireland world cup talk is nothing more than a smoke screen.

Does it? The quality of the Pro-14 league is questionable, but the quality of the teams isn't as evidenced by how comprehensively they outplayed premiership sides in Europe last year. He should be first choice FH at Ulster and stands a chance of being selected, albeit a small chance, in the WC squad. He wouldn't stand any chance of being in England's squad. Ireland are also the better side, so you could argue he's showing more ambition by moving.

I also wouldn't be swayed by age and his development path, as everyone is different. You only have to look at JA and how old he was when he broke in the Springbok side.
HKC
On the board

Glen Sannox 12 Jul 2018 07:48 am said..

All this move has told us is that JA and DH think Cipriani is a better 10....no **** Sherlock!

That said, DH clearly holds him in some regard or he wouldn't be going to his former province...naive to think that conversations didn't take place!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby