West Terrace - No sponsor?

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Jul 2018 14:24 pm said..

There's a big difference between offering a funding line at a commercial rate and owning the business, that's what banks do.

Like most things in life there is actually a place in society for a payday loan....but it is exactly that...a loan until payday. Which in many cases can be cheaper than exceeding credit limits and incurring punitive charges from the banks. A point which is acknowledged by the FCA . Just putting an alternative view, not defending any of their heinous practices...add the likes of Brighthouse to the list they are an utter disgrace enticing people into serious debt and then pulling the plug on them.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 4887  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Castle Grim Reaper 12 Jul 2018 15:04 pm said..

Technically, if you run out of cash in the pub on a Saturday night and borrow a tenner off a mate and then pay him it back the next week and buy him a pint for his kindness, it equates to approximately 1768% APR :shock:
Posts: 2456  Location: Hell
User avatar
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Jul 2018 15:18 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Technically, if you run out of cash in the pub on a Saturday night and borrow a tenner off a mate and then pay him it back the next week and buy him a pint for his kindness, it equates to approximately 1768% APR :shock:


That's your fault for drinking in Cheltenham!
Posts: 873
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Tuffty 12 Jul 2018 16:08 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Technically, if you run out of cash in the pub on a Saturday night and borrow a tenner off a mate and then pay him it back the next week and buy him a pint for his kindness, it equates to approximately 1768% APR :shock:


That's your fault for drinking in Cheltenham!


Lol!!!
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Posts: 1316  Location: Lincoln
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

ROLLO 13 Jul 2018 09:30 am said..

My beef with both betting and pay day loan companies is that they prey on the vulnerable , for me used responsibly there is not a problem. However just because you may not be quite up to the mark is no reason to be abused , which is what I think many do. Lets face it if doing stupid things was punishable most of Shedweb would be in trouble. :D :D :D
Posts: 750
ROLLO
On the board

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Jul 2018 09:56 am said..

Guilty as charged m'lud :oops:
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 4887  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Asgard 13 Jul 2018 10:36 am said..

Would anyone object to the Salvation Army as sponsors - The War Cry Terrace?
Posts: 1368
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Steve M 13 Jul 2018 10:57 am said..

Asgard wrote:Would anyone object to the Salvation Army as sponsors - The War Cry Terrace?


Probably more suited to Exeter :)
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Posts: 890  Location: Longlevens, Gloucester
Steve M
On the board

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

Clive's Pants 13 Jul 2018 11:06 am said..

Asgard I suspect that suggestion was mainly for comic effect (and quite funny it was) but you may be on to something.

It would build on the club's community programme if they were to donate some free advertising to a (local?) charity, à la Barcelona and Unicef, be it stand naming, or 2nd tier shirt logo etc.

National Star College would be a good example. Maybe share it around and change each season? Sure it would exclude that revenue from being paid for by a commercial sponsor but business is about balance between the short and long term.
Posts: 562  Location: Brummagem
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

adam 13 Jul 2018 11:53 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:Asgard I suspect that suggestion was mainly for comic effect (and quite funny it was) but you may be on to something.

It would build on the club's community programme if they were to donate some free advertising to a (local?) charity, à la Barcelona and Unicef, be it stand naming, or 2nd tier shirt logo etc.

National Star College would be a good example. Maybe share it around and change each season? Sure it would exclude that revenue from being paid for by a commercial sponsor but business is about balance between the short and long term.


Already happened for Nation Star College https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ty-1110297
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Posts: 68  Location: 'nam
adam
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Charlie, coleser, Glossince86, King Prawn Bhuna, The Moog and 32 guests