Crystal Ball Time

Re: Crystal Ball Time

paigntoner 31 Aug 2018 07:37 am said..

Inferior backs? Trinder Twelvetrees Banahan Heinz.
paigntoner
First team regular

madders 31 Aug 2018 07:48 am said..

Dawson will hopefully be eating humble pie later.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

TP17 31 Aug 2018 08:19 am said..

Ah yes Dawson and Grayson. Two old Northampton stalwarts, what on earth would give them the motivation to make statements like that? Hears hoping our backs run riot tomorrow and show the pair who's team has the inferior backs.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Malco 31 Aug 2018 08:27 am said..

Exeter
Saracens
Gloucester
Leicester
Bath
Wasps
Newcastle
Sale
Northampton
Harlequins
Bristol
Worcester
Malco
Senior squad member

Not1eyed 31 Aug 2018 08:43 am said..

TP17 wrote:Ah yes Dawson and Grayson. Two old Northampton stalwarts, what on earth would give them the motivation to make statements like that? Hears hoping our backs run riot tomorrow and show the pair who's team has the inferior backs.

Tp17 they were comparing Gloucester backs to the wasps backline of last season not Northampton’s of this season.
I agree with some of the comments about Gloucester needing a natural tryscorer like Wade or Ashton. No doubt this seasons pack should supply the platform.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Glosteroldboy 31 Aug 2018 08:53 am said..

Late to the party as always, but it will be interesting to resurrect this thread at the end of the season to see who got it 'spot on' and thus receives the Shedweb award of being Genius Forecaster...

Exeter
Saracens
Wasps
Gloucester
Leicester
Bath
Northampton
Sale
Harlequins
Newcastle
Bristol
Worcester
Glosteroldboy
First team regular

Lemster Jeff 31 Aug 2018 08:59 am said..

My prediction , for what it’s worth ........

Saracens
Exeter
Wasps
Tigers
Gloucester
Bath
Sale
Newcastle
Northampton
Harlequins
Worcester
Bristol
Lemster Jeff
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 31 Aug 2018 09:15 am said..

And 'cause I remain bored... Shedweb Average table updated to include all to Lemster Jeff's; we now have 45 predictions to base this on.

Current ShedWeb Average Table

1st - Saracens
2nd - Exeter
3rd - Gloucester
4th - Wasps
5th - Leicester
6th - Bath
7th - Newcastle
8th - Sale
9th - Northampton
10th - Harlequins
11th - Bristol
12th - Worcester

Notes:

Gloucester doing pretty much as they were, the main driver of the move to 3rd is a drop in Wasps' perceived fortunes, I would guess on the back of the Gopperth news

Saracens/Worcester solidifying the book-end positions, both Standard deviations dropping as more entries come in.

There are key groupings still suggesting that we have a sense of the main league battles we expect this season: Saracens remain clear 1st, Exeter clear 2nd, Glaws/Wasps/Tigers are closely grouped, then B*rf/Newks/Sale/Saints, then a gap to Queens/Briz/Wuss.

Sale now has the highest Std Dev of any club: there is little consensus what to expect from them this season. After them, Leicester.
ShedOrDead
On the board

ShedOrDead 31 Aug 2018 09:21 am said..

TP17 wrote:Ah yes Dawson and Grayson. Two old Northampton stalwarts, what on earth would give them the motivation to make statements like that? Hears hoping our backs run riot tomorrow and show the pair who's team has the inferior backs.

I would agree, but then I would want to agree :D

It's fun to do these crystal ball games and to hear generally positive things from pundits, but to go fully cliche on this all that matters is what happens on Saturday and beyond.
ShedOrDead
On the board

grunter 31 Aug 2018 09:50 am said..

Exeter
Saracens
Leicester
Wasps
Gloucester
Bath
Sale
Northampton