First viist to Allianz park

First viist to Allianz park

Cherry terry 12 Sep 2018 15:16 pm said..

I am going to be in North London on the weekend of the Sarries away game and will take the opportunity to make my first visit to Allianz park.

Can anyone who has made this trip before advise on best way to get to the ground, i.e bus/train or drive, if driving what is the parking like?

I have looked on the sarries website for tickets and there are several options ranging from unreserved standing to £76 seats. I am looking at either £33 behind the posts or £43 down the side around the 22m mark. Can anyone advise on what these seats are like for the view?

Thanks in advance
Cherry terry
Turns out for the A team

Re: First viist to Allianz park

Johnmc82 12 Sep 2018 15:54 pm said..

Hi Cherry Terry,

Parking is a nightmare unless you pay for a limited parking space at the ground in advance which is £15 per car. Otherwise get the Northern Line to Mill Hill East I believe or Thameslink to Mill Hill Broadway and you should be able to pick up a shuttle bus.

I actually have two tickets spare to sell at face value at £33 behind the posts in South Stand as I cannot now go but my parents are going so you would be with other Gloucester fans.

Having been to Allianz Park before you get a good view pretty much anywhere so don't pay £76 that is a farcical price!!

Any more questions or if you want the tickets let me know (will save you the booking fee!!)
Johnmc82
Vice-Captain

gmorgan131285 12 Sep 2018 16:00 pm said..

I've always parked at the University, (Available on their website) its about a 20 minute walk to the stadium and if its a nice day be sure to stop off at Mill Hill Rugby Club for BBQ and a beer.

Last Season was sat directly behind the post, but trying the Unreserved Standing this year. Plenty to eat and drink in the ground and a really nice family atmosphere. One of my favourite away grounds.
gmorgan131285
Vice-Captain

lucifer 12 Sep 2018 16:25 pm said..

Mill Hill Broadway car park has always been free Sundays. There’s free shuttles that then run from outside the station
lucifer
On the board

mrfitz 12 Sep 2018 16:41 pm said..

I’ve often parked at the Sainsbury’s in edgeware and got the supporters bus - fairly reasonable from what I recall, however there are a few lay-bys near the ground I believe that are used by the locals
mrfitz
Senior squad member

Asgard 12 Sep 2018 16:52 pm said..

lucifer wrote:Mill Hill Broadway car park has always been free Sundays. There’s free shuttles that then run from outside the station

I've only done the trip once but I agree with Lucifer - they had volunteers assisting too.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

lucifer 12 Sep 2018 17:35 pm said..

To clarify that is Mill Hill Broadway station car park
lucifer
On the board

madjake 13 Sep 2018 08:06 am said..

gmorgan131285 wrote:I've always parked at the University, (Available on their website) its about a 20 minute walk to the stadium and if its a nice day be sure to stop off at Mill Hill Rugby Club for BBQ and a beer.

Last Season was sat directly behind the post, but trying the Unreserved Standing this year. Plenty to eat and drink in the ground and a really nice family atmosphere. One of my favourite away grounds.

Have you been to many away grounds? Allianz park, imo is only second to the rec as being dire. In some ways its even worse.
madjake
On the board

gmorgan131285 13 Sep 2018 08:25 am said..

madjake wrote:
gmorgan131285 wrote:I've always parked at the University, (Available on their website) its about a 20 minute walk to the stadium and if its a nice day be sure to stop off at Mill Hill Rugby Club for BBQ and a beer.

Have you been to many away grounds? Allianz park, imo is only second to the rec as being dire. In some ways its even worse.

Yes, all 12 Premiership plus, the Mad Stad and Kasaam too. I'd say the better ones are the Sandy Park, Allianz Park, Sixways and Ashton Gate.
gmorgan131285
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 13 Sep 2018 09:35 am said..

Interesting how we see things differently. I prefer what might be called the 'traditional' grounds like Welford Road, The Stoop and Franklin's Gardens. Madjeski, Ricoh and Ashton Gate, to some extent, are modern, identikit stadiums which lack a little bit of heart and soul. The location of Sixways is just terrible!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby