The App

Re: The App

DieTrying 14 Sep 2018 23:32 pm said..

LowerO wrote:Wow DT, steady! Ever think I wasn’t answering your reasonably asked initial question? No? Didn’t think so.

I politely suggest you read the rest of the thread’s comments.

The word complain set me off, as I wasn't complaining, just asking. PS: No excess beer involved, as I just can't abide that liquid masquerading as lager, called Wolfpack. :)
DieTrying

Diamo 15 Sep 2018 07:10 am said..

Isn't the reflink delay on the app more to do with how the signal reaches your phone rather than the tech capabilities of anyone - this by way of it being sent via a server or satellite located much further away and then back via the WiFi connection, rather than just a radio signal used by the reflink piece of kit. It's just like when watching sport on a stream, from say the BBC etc, your neighbours might be celebrating a try, goal or wicket, long before you see that passage of play start.
Posts: 737  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Sep 2018 09:45 am said..

SImple question has the app been formally released yet...I think it is still in some sort of Beta test state..in which I don't give two hoots, but would expect it to say so somewhere obvious on the screen.

If it has been released, then any comment or criticism above would be valid and I'm surprised any app developer worth their salt has exposed it to all and sundry in that state, irrespective of free or not....

Bit like Gloucester's first half...right ideas poorly executed.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Telboy 15 Sep 2018 09:57 am said..

To answer the original question, I too had difficulty logging into the wifi in The Malvern Stand.
Telboy
Turns out for the A team

HKC 15 Sep 2018 10:12 am said..

The app was meant to be formally launched yesterday. The fact it is free does not mean it should not be above reproach as it's part of the match day experience covered by the cost of the ticket. Frankly it was useless last night. The Wi-Fi was intermittent and the ref link was delayed. But once it works properly it will be excellent, so hopefully last night will serve as a useful learning experience.
HKC
On the board

JFG 15 Sep 2018 10:15 am said..

If you are going to advertise something then you should at least be confident that it works. If we don't tell them it doesn't work it will never get fixed.
I had a reflink last year and enjoyed understanding some of what appeared to be baffling decisions!!
I didn't get one this year as the club advertised that there would be one on the app. What they didn't say was that their one would be inferior to the £10 purchased one. I'd gladly pay the club £10 for a reflink that works, not the crap they currently have.....

At least we are "not yet" moaning about shite rugby!!!!!!
JFG
Senior squad member

Monkeyboy 15 Sep 2018 11:00 am said..

As previously stated, the delay is down to the method of transmission. It was only a second or so in my experience and was perfectly acceptable.

However the intermittent drops was pure Norman Collier and made it unbearable.

https://youtu.be/Mzx3wNNuyB8
Monkeyboy
Turns out for the A team

Noobie 15 Sep 2018 11:10 am said..

Gloucester Rugby App we continue to appreciate your feedback so please email any further feedback to feedback@colooder.app or admin@gloucesterrugby.co.uk .

If you feel you would like to provide feedback
Noobie
Academy prospect

Tetbury Calling 15 Sep 2018 13:33 pm said..

The App refused to let me log in the whole evening.

Disappointing. :|
Tetbury Calling
First team regular

mjad 15 Sep 2018 19:29 pm said..

No problem at all with the Wi-Fi, actually very good in the Stowford Press Stand.
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby