Other games

Re: Other games

Beddis 19 Sep 2018 08:46 am said..

I hope that if Leicester do appeal, that the weeks that the ban has been reduced by are added straight back on.

This ban is sending a very clear message to the whole game, they have to be firm on this
Posts: 3429  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Peanutcoxy 19 Sep 2018 08:59 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Great posts Porky and FT. Hopefully all will soon come round to supporting the efforts to make the game we all love safer and therefore sustainable. To do nothing will risk the end of rugby as we know it.

Here here
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Asgard 19 Sep 2018 09:51 am said..

+ another
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Number8 19 Sep 2018 09:59 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Number8 wrote:Talking of player safety here is another one that confuses me, if a player is lifted in the air by his own player and is hit in air by opposition that is a penalty but if he is lifted into the air but dropped by his own player that isn't a penalty. Surely the health safety angle would be that all players have a duty to return a player to the ground safely and penalty should be given for dropping your own player?

Incorrect Number 8. If you are dropped by your own player dangerously it is a penalty against the lifter.

Thanks for clarifying that Mute, I just don't recall seeing it happen.
Number8
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 Sep 2018 19:47 pm said..

Number8 wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:
Number8 wrote:Talking of player safety here is another one that confuses me, if a player is lifted in the air by his own player and is hit in air by opposition that is a penalty but if he is lifted into the air but dropped by his own player that isn't a penalty. Surely the health safety angle would be that all players have a duty to return a player to the ground safely and penalty should be given for dropping your own player?

Incorrect Number 8. If you are dropped by your own player dangerously it is a penalty against the lifter.

Thanks for clarifying that Mute, I just don't recall seeing it happen.

Tis a fairly recent rule. Have had it happen to me in an amateur game. Was quite confusing at the time. Apparently "but he's our player, we can drop him however we want" isn't sufficient justification!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Beddis 19 Sep 2018 20:28 pm said..

Good to see Geordan Murphy take a few steps back in the guardian article (one with Ackers and Mitchell). It sounds as though Leicester are accepting the punishment and using this as a learning point from now on.

Good on him
Posts: 3429  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

PeteG 19 Sep 2018 21:51 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:Read this, long, but interesting and relevant to the discussion.

https://sportsscientists.com/2017/07/he ... evel-view/

Great article,thanks for posting it.
PeteG
First team regular

Peanutcoxy 22 Sep 2018 15:31 pm said..

Great win for Hartbury v Coventry today 23-17
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Forrester 22 Sep 2018 15:51 pm said..

Biggar hits the post with a conversion to save a draw, Bath win 17-15. :(