Pre Game atmosphere

Pre Game atmosphere

GREENZILLA 15 Sep 2018 19:23 pm said..

Want to vent my annoyance at the build up to last night's game. I wasn't sure if I was at kingsholm or wasps as the sound of clapping and the chanting of "glawster" was being pipped into the ground. Also not to mention the roaring of a lion. I see it as an effort to get the team pumped up as they come out. However we do not need help to warm up players. The roar that comes from the shed is more than enough to get even a seasoned fan goose bumps. Please Gloucester lets not stoop to the lows of wasps and other teams that struggle to rile the fans up. We are Glaws!!!
GREENZILLA
On a trial

Re: Pre Game atmosphere

James J 15 Sep 2018 19:24 pm said..

I don't believe it was crowd noise etc being piped in at all - it was just the sound that accompanied the videos being shown on the big screens.
James J
Vice-Captain

Searey 15 Sep 2018 19:35 pm said..

The highlights video before the game was good....

...but it was completely ruined by the cretinous 'lion's roar

Further insult added with the lion image on the screen with 'Glawster' and the piped chanting.

If this is Gloucester's idea of sneaking in a name change they can chuff right off.

While I'm in complaint mode I thought whichever of the new announcers was supposed to be announcing the teams did a p-poor job of it. Didn't even bother to read out Bristol's side, and then treated us to a Smashy and Nicey job on ours.
Searey
Senior squad member

Clive's Pants 15 Sep 2018 19:36 pm said..

On a related note I have to complement the club on the new sound system - from my place in the main stand I can't understand a word of what the new announcer is shouting - just perfect for me, please do not change a thing.
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

lucifer 15 Sep 2018 19:39 pm said..

Ditto the Shed, Clive.
lucifer
On the board

Chalker 15 Sep 2018 19:44 pm said..

Ditto from me too, we will always miss Springy although life goes on.
Have no doubt, though, the Gloucester Lion is on its way ------
Chalker
Hall of Famer

covglaws 15 Sep 2018 20:44 pm said..

Wondered when someone would bring this up. Music blaring away I can just about live with, but that racket was truly awful. Puts anything that Wasps or Saracens can inflict on the ears to shame. It seemed to go on for ever too.

Please Glaws can this be one of those "experiments" which is NEVER repeated.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1404  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 15 Sep 2018 20:50 pm said..

+1
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Tump 15 Sep 2018 21:15 pm said..

Yes it was truly awful. Hope they bin it before the crowd start booing again.
However I think they will persist.
Tump
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 15 Sep 2018 22:48 pm said..

I understand the sound system installers are on site in various places for the next few games to tweak the system. It appears they have a lot of work to do. Where I sit, it sounded far too treble & crackly. As for the Announcers / intro? Team announcements are just that, read em out and get on with it. The replacements announcements were poor & late. I didn't hear the piped crowd noise nor the Lions roar, but neither are necessary. The Music choice during the HT break is ok, but doesn't need to be so loud. People talk during HT & shouldn't need to shout to do so.
DieTrying
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby