Pre Game atmosphere

Re: Pre Game atmosphere

Ken Burney 17 Sep 2018 08:32 am said..

The architecture of the Shed cannot make it easy to produce clear sound - the structure is curved, the roof is relatively low and the crowd within it will absorb some of the sound.

Stephen Vaughan has said that it may take several games and tweaks before the sound is optimised.

The club has made improvements to the ground - a new, state of the art pitch, new tarmac on the surrounds, a new app (which, in time, will probably bed in) and a new P.A. system which also probably needs some fine tuning. Things aren't perfect but, at least, the club is trying to improve the matchday experience. I'm prepared to cut some slack.

Andy Wyman will, in time, make his mark as stadium announcer. Graham Spring is a tough act to follow. Warren Moore needs to find a niche. Most people around me in the Shed seem to ignore him.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

covglaws 17 Sep 2018 08:50 am said..

glawsteruk wrote:So after a great start to the season we have a whole thread dedicated to criticism. Yes, I do find the music a little annoying at times but there are other things in my life which are slightly more important!

This thread was NOT about the music, at least not to start with, but the terible piped cheering and lions roar, which was, for some, physically painful.

Don't think that's just moaning for moaning's sake.

Keep up ;) :)
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1404  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

CMGC 17 Sep 2018 08:54 am said..

To be fair thewre is a difference between allowing the new announcer to learn/ bed in/ improve and the club arbitarily deciding to add in " fake noise" . We have to have an announcer , we don't need the second. As the main consumer of the "noise/ music" the paying public not only have every right to express an opinion but the club would be very wise to listen as this impacts on people turing up and paying.
CMGC

Gb83 17 Sep 2018 08:56 am said..

CMGC wrote:To be fair thewre is a difference between allowing the new announcer to learn/ bed in/ improve and the club arbitarily deciding to add in " fake noise" . We have to have an announcer , we don't need the second. As the main consumer of the "noise/ music" the paying public not only have every right to express an opinion but the club would be very wise to listen as this impacts on people turing up and paying.

Of course they have the right but at the same time should understand it’s not only their view that counts, I think this site can give a disproportionate representation of the fan base at times.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

CMGC 17 Sep 2018 09:00 am said..

Happy to accpet that. Perhaps they should poll the ST holders?
CMGC

Gb83 17 Sep 2018 09:03 am said..

CMGC wrote:Happy to accpet that. Perhaps they should poll the ST holders?

That’s a good idea and the most fair.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Asgard 17 Sep 2018 09:18 am said..

Has anyone seen the cuddly lion yet?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

covglaws 17 Sep 2018 09:21 am said..

I notice that no one has come on here and said that the cheering and lions roar is a good idea and enhanced their experience no end. :twisted:
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 17 Sep 2018 09:25 am said..

Asgard wrote:Has anyone seen the cuddly lion yet?

Has anyone seen or heard from Lebowski recently? ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1207  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

covglaws 17 Sep 2018 09:33 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Asgard wrote:Has anyone seen the cuddly lion yet?

Has anyone seen or heard from Lebowski recently? ;)

Any truth in the rumour that you're not chairman of the Labowski fan cub. :D
covglaws
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby