The psychological edge?

The psychological edge?

Fat Taff 18 Sep 2018 16:03 pm said..

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/?p=23053

New partnership with headspace.

"Athletes know that to perform at their best, they have to be mentally strong, focused and present. Yet many athletes expect the mind to perform without working at it. We would never expect our body to achieve its fullest potential without training day in and day out, so why do we expect this of our mind?

“As one of the premier rugby clubs in the world, Gloucester is leading the way in integrating mental training through meditation and mindfulness into their club culture for a competitive advantage.”
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Re: The psychological edge?

lovejoy 19 Sep 2018 11:21 am said..

I think this is very important in modern sport and can only be a good thing. I do think the club has suffered from an inferiority complex away from home for many years.
lovejoy
Hero in the making

ShedOrDead 19 Sep 2018 12:10 pm said..

lovejoy wrote:I think this is very important in modern sport and can only be a good thing. I do think the club has suffered from an inferiority complex away from home for many years.

Agreed. Remove "away from home" and I would also agree.
ShedOrDead
Vice-Captain

Ashtennisguru 19 Sep 2018 14:57 pm said..

I believe the club have retained the services of a psychologist across Hartpury and the first team.
Ashtennisguru
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 19 Sep 2018 15:18 pm said..

I believe that the psychologist is Dave Collins who has a very good pedigree in sports psychology dealing with top athletes and rugby players.

Stephen Vaughan talked about this appointment at the recent Fans' Forum.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Ashtennisguru 19 Sep 2018 15:23 pm said..

^^^ It is, I know Dave and he is indeed very acomplished
Ashtennisguru
Vice-Captain

Chalker 19 Sep 2018 16:27 pm said..

Om
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby