Kitson tips VRR and BTT

Re: Kitson tips VRR and BTT

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 Sep 2018 22:18 pm said..

36 has definitely missed the boat no matter how well he plays for us.

VRR however, front row is an attritional positon and if he can stay fit whilst others get injured may be in with a shout. That does appear to be a big IF unfortunately!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Lurker 19 Sep 2018 05:54 am said..

My worry would be if he was selected that the overly rigorous training in the England camp would seriously break him.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Gb83 19 Sep 2018 06:05 am said..

As well as Twelvetrees is performing Farrell is another level and I can’t see him being dropped or moved to 10 as both Ford and Cipriani are on fire.

I can’t really see Jones splitting the Ford and Farrell partnership up.
Gb83
On the board

Ken Burney 19 Sep 2018 06:23 am said..

More importantly, Farrell is England's kicker and a very good one at that.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 19 Sep 2018 06:53 am said..

@ Gb86 Agreed: for all the excellence Cips has show really since his move to Wasps, I feel that Eddie sees Ford/Faz as his tried and tested 5/8th combo and while he might look to generate backup options going into a RWC year, he's not going to deviate too much from this. Cips/36 would be a good backup, but I suspect Eddie would prefer a different type of 12 for the second seat to Japan, a Te'o or even Manu (although his best games for club and country have been at 13).

All speculation of course. Doesn't distract from the fact that I would love to see 36 given another look.
ShedOrDead
Vice-Captain

Staggy 19 Sep 2018 10:37 am said..

BTT might not get a start over Ford, Farrell or DC, but surely he could be a useful squad player for the WC particularly as he has struck up a good partnership with DC. He can cover two (three at a stretch if you include 13) positions and is a goal kicker. I guess his main competition is Henry Slade for that spot. Can't think of any other English play making centres off the top of my head, although no doubt there are a couple that I have forgotten.
Staggy
Turns out for the A team

Staggy 19 Sep 2018 10:39 am said..

Forgot to say that I'm glad Rob Kitson was listening to me when I was singing BTT's praises last Saturday morning! :D
Staggy
Turns out for the A team

Legendoft'Autostrada 19 Sep 2018 11:46 am said..

ROLLO wrote:Both ex Wuss.

'ex' being the operative word!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Moss 19 Sep 2018 11:57 am said..

VRR is closer to being called into the squad than many think.
Moss
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 19 Sep 2018 12:09 pm said..

Let's see what tomorrow brings and do so with hope. Although, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that even Cips has been dropped for 'association with Gloucester Rugby Club'.
ShedOrDead
Vice-Captain
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby