Owen Williams

Re: Owen Williams

BigBatch 18 Oct 2018 14:25 pm said..

Owen Williams should have gone to the regions when Newport came knocking.
He is surplus to requirements at Gloucester and it is a complete waste of talent.
BigBatch
First team regular

Pieman 18 Oct 2018 14:31 pm said..

Waste of talent maybe, but not surplus to requirements.

If Cips gets injured we wouldn't have enough cover without Owen in the squad.
I think he has the talent to be a starting 10 for a prem club, but he needs game time to prove it.

Perhaps the cup competition will be a chance?
Pieman
Senior squad member

Neilio44 18 Oct 2018 17:37 pm said..

If Cips is in France next year due to his England ambitions failing, we're going to need a decent FH in his absence. Hanging on to OW maybe, just in case? Just thinking out loud.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Glaws 18 Oct 2018 17:40 pm said..

Imo I can't see Cipriani leaving us until his contract expires. Hopefully he doesn't have a clause in it though!
Glaws
On the board

Neilio44 18 Oct 2018 17:43 pm said..

Glaws wrote:Imo I can't see Cipriani leaving us until his contract expires. Hopefully he doesn't have a clause in it though!

No, I really don't want him to leave or have a clause either. I just find the OW situation very mystifying.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

David 18 Oct 2018 20:53 pm said..

Well, all I would add to the mystery is that, having through happenstance spoken to him very recently, he is without doubt a very bright, articulate and pleasant young man; I also think he is a terrific asset and that Glaws should be looking to utilise his talents and hang onto him for as long as possible. I guess we just need to have faith in big Ack and medium-sized Hump.
David
On the board

Ferret 19 Oct 2018 06:10 am said..

Along with Ryan Lamb, Dan Robson, Matt Kvesic, Elliott Stooke I think we do test patience of these players. No one surely wants to train week in week out and not play, ok they get paid but they are competitors.
Ferret
On the board

Glen Sannox 19 Oct 2018 06:33 am said..

Career can be a verb or a noun, and sadly OW's career has careered since he joined Glaws. He surely can't be happy with the way things are?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 19 Oct 2018 08:45 am said..

OW has also had some injuries, it's not all down to selection conspiracy theories. I spoke to him at the end of last season, all he wanted was to have a run of games for Glos, stay injury free. He picked an injury early this season too. So aim is to stay fit, have a run of games.
Posts: 3492  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Stroud Wizard 19 Oct 2018 09:05 am said..

Da vid says we should have faith in Ackerman. Why? His treatment of Williams is inexcusable. Proved he could live with the best of the All Blacks when picked for Wales in the centre but not good enough for Gloucester. Humphries who obviously must have rated Williams appears to have opted out despite having first hand experience of three quarter play which Ackerman does not have. I will not sit on the fence on this one and am highly critical of the way Ackerman is treating Owen Williams. It must be humiliating for him to be singled out in this way.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby