Owen Williams

Re: Owen Williams

steckers 19 Oct 2018 19:36 pm said..

Re international chances - I think you are going a little far there!

It seems to me that Williams really isn't what Ackermann is looking for. It's his decision to make. Just like EJ doen't have to select Cipriani.
steckers
Hall of Famer

CMGC 19 Oct 2018 19:45 pm said..

JA is paid to win games and the competitions. This is not the Gloucester U 16 league where you can muck about giving everyone a chance. IF the coach thinks he needs to rest a player then he will rotate but he will manage his squad to get the best results from them over the season. JA wasn't born yesterday and has far more proven success and experience than anyone on here on how to achive that. Just maybe he knows exactly what he is doing ??????
CMGC

DieTrying 19 Oct 2018 19:59 pm said..

CMGC wrote:JA is paid to win games and the competitions. This is not the Gloucester U 16 league where you can muck about giving everyone a chance. IF the coach thinks he needs to rest a player then he will rotate but he will manage his squad to get the best results from them over the season. JA wasn't born yesterday and has far more proven success and experience than anyone on here on how to achive that. Just maybe he knows exactly what he is doing ??????

Not necessarily, he admitted an error over Matt Scott. Personally I 'd like to see how a Cipriani / Williams partnership would work out.
DieTrying

Fat Taff 19 Oct 2018 20:00 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:It is not a matter of dropping anyone but of rotating players to give them a fair chance. Ackerman does it with everyone else bar Williams. We do not know how well Williams could play alongside Cipriani as that combination has not been tried. I hate to see an injustice unlike some one-eyed supporters of Ackerman and co. Will be interesting to see what stage Williams will be brought on against Munster- if at all. One thing is certain and that is Ackerman has so far ruined Williams' chances of representing Wales again in the near future. I see from the posts that I am not the only one who fails to understand the logic.

Who knew that Ackers combined his day job for Gloucester with that of being Owen's agent.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 19 Oct 2018 20:04 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
Stroud Wizard wrote:It is not a matter of dropping anyone but of rotating players to give them a fair chance. Ackerman does it with everyone else bar Williams. We do not know how well Williams could play alongside Cipriani as that combination has not been tried. I hate to see an injustice unlike some one-eyed supporters of Ackerman and co. Will be interesting to see what stage Williams will be brought on against Munster- if at all. One thing is certain and that is Ackerman has so far ruined Williams' chances of representing Wales again in the near future. I see from the posts that I am not the only one who fails to understand the logic.

Who knew that Ackers combined his day job for Gloucester with that of being Owen's agent.

Not doing a great job for his client then!!!
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Gb83 19 Oct 2018 20:08 pm said..

I do find it odd he hasn’t had more opportunity this season. He definitely has the quality and showed in glimpses last season.

None of us know what the issue is here or even if there is one. People call out Ackermann for ignoring him but may be Williams isn’t doing what’s asked of him.

I’m pretty sure he’s on a 3 year deal, if he doesn’t get more game time this season then Gloucester will surely release him and seek a replacement. It’s well known he’s on mega money.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

JamesK 20 Oct 2018 14:02 pm said..

Marked improvement after he came on today ;)
JamesK
Senior squad member

Sky blue 20 Oct 2018 14:04 pm said..

I'm a huge BTT fan but there's no doubt in my mind that Williams is a better 10. I'd like to see more of him - he's a very good player.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Coveman 20 Oct 2018 14:12 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:I'm a huge BTT fan but there's no doubt in my mind that Williams is a better 10. I'd like to see more of him - he's a very good player.

Well yes that may be the case but then BTT isn’t being picked to play 10 is he?

That’s not the battle he needs to win if he wants to play a10.
Coveman
Senior squad member

Sky blue 20 Oct 2018 14:24 pm said..

Hmm. I was talking about today's game.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby