1 aspect of the game you would change

Re: 1 aspect of the game you would change

Crasher 23 Oct 2018 05:04 am said..

I’d make nearly every offense at a scrum or line out a free kick rather than a pen - then I’d remove the option of a scrum for a free kick. Instead I’d be more liberal with yellow cards.

Seriously annoys me when an attacking team tries to play expansively, knocks the ball on and ten minutes later find themselves 3 points down because of a messy scrum.

Should also help prevent injuries if the scrum is less important as the weight of forwards will come down
Crasher
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 23 Oct 2018 05:45 am said..

Crasher, are you Australian?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Number8 23 Oct 2018 06:48 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Tump wrote:Bring back proper rucking.

Define "proper rucking"?

Look on you tube for a video of Brian Moore rucking during a Lions game,. A fella is on the wrong side on his own line, Moore comes in and reminds him he is on the wrong the side and wins a penalty. I don't think the fella fell on the wrong side again.

I am sure somebody with more techy knowledge than me can post it on here.
Number8
Vice-Captain

Mark from Stroud 23 Oct 2018 07:25 am said..

Number8 wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Tump wrote:Bring back proper rucking.

Define "proper rucking"?

Look on you tube for a video of Brian Moore rucking during a Lions game,. A fella is on the wrong side on his own line, Moore comes in and reminds him he is on the wrong the side and wins a penalty. I don't think the fella fell on the wrong side again.

I am sure somebody with more techy knowledge than me can post it on here.

Are you thinking of this:

https://twitter.com/jamiewall2/status/683869993851748352?lang=en
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Diamo 23 Oct 2018 07:33 am said..

Like most, I'd like to see the breakdown sorted out, but what I would really like to see tried is going back to limited substitutions - say 4 or fewer, or even no tactical substitutions, just replacements for injuries and no protective gear.
What I'd really want to achieve is seeing rugby go back to being a game for players of all shapes and sizes, not just gym monkeys. I hated Wade playing against us, but he was great to watch and I feel he is great loss to the variety of our game. Little Shane and JSD the same - we need players with those kind of skills and removing subs and body armour (scrum cap is ok) might go some way to making players leaner and not so keen to fly into tackles for risk of injury.
Posts: 725  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 23 Oct 2018 10:26 am said..

+1 and frees up players further down the food chain.

Gareth Davies from WRU proposed this to WR last year but it fell on stony ears.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1196  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby