1 aspect of the game you would change

Re: 1 aspect of the game you would change

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 Oct 2018 16:55 pm said..

And what makes you think you I Southern Hemisphere?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 19 Oct 2018 16:59 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Said it a few times on here but starting awarding free kicks for violations at scrums (apart from penalty tries)

This may help end the "thrilling" sight of watching scrums pushing and pushing with the ball at 8s feet until an inevitable infringement at which point the ref guesses who did something wrong and gives a penalty. With a free kick you can still go for territory but cede possession or tap and go in which case teams are more likely to just play off the scrum anyway.

Please go and watch Rugby League. When will the Southern Hemisphere fans realise that there are huge swathes of people that like the technicalities and brute force of a scrum. The majority of any rugby team are involved in the scrum. Seven backs are not. Its time this majority stood up to the ruination of a great game

Well done on missing the point. I enjoy the strength of the scrum as much as the next man but its purpose exists to restart the game not to earn penalties.

Not missed the point. If there is an option to win a penalty then why whinge when it can be used to a teams advantage.
SIBARITE
Academy prospect

Fat Taff 19 Oct 2018 17:06 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:Based on Wades dislike of the gym bunny culture, which ONE aspect of the game would you change and why?

Mine would be " clearing out" at the ruck.

Gym bunnies running at pace into a ruck to "smash" static and semi- prone players is both reckless and dangerous. Anywhere else on the pitch it would be "tackling a player without the ball" at best, foul play at worst.

Yep, the ruck area. It's an absolute mess, the ruck laws are rarely applied by any officials. Side entry, diving in like Hong Kong Phooey, no binding. It's becoming a very dangerous area, and I'd like to see injury research conducted in the same way it's being done around the tackle. The 'clearout' illegally removes players from the game.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Captain Jolly 19 Oct 2018 17:23 pm said..

Bring back proper rucking.
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
Hero in the making

Tim in Shropshire 19 Oct 2018 17:24 pm said..

Number of substitutions. Not sure exactly how but perhaps three forwards (must cover front row) and a back.
Rugby is an 80 minute game - let's make players play for those 80 mins. Reduce number of gym bunnies by putting premium on a different type of fitness. Would probably have an impact on player welfare as well.
Won't happen!
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

steckers 19 Oct 2018 17:27 pm said..

If the ball isnt coming out of the maul, a return to the team going forward to get put in (and this includes choke tackles).
steckers
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 19 Oct 2018 17:47 pm said..

Captain Jolly wrote:Bring back proper rucking.

If I could? Second third and fourth that.
SIBARITE
Academy prospect

Pelelegend 19 Oct 2018 19:27 pm said..

If a team knocks on & the other team gathers the ball that is the advantage in regaining the ball.
Pelelegend
Turns out for the A team

steckers 19 Oct 2018 19:29 pm said..

Hmmm I do like a little 'advantage time'!!

I also think the quick conversion needs to go (in order to prevent TMO taking a look at something).

And, when a scrum is called, I would like the clock to stop until the ball is out of the scrum.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 19 Oct 2018 19:42 pm said..

Captain Jolly wrote:Bring back proper rucking.

+ lots!
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby