Re: 1 aspect of the game you would change

Porky 19 Oct 2018 20:33 pm said..

Lazy (aka obstructing) runners.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

GlawsyD 19 Oct 2018 21:48 pm said..

Get rid of the hordes of 'water carriers' - players should be able to go 80 mins without a drink - I know I do!

:mrgreen:
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Number10 19 Oct 2018 22:00 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Said it a few times on here but starting awarding free kicks for violations at scrums (apart from penalty tries)

This may help end the "thrilling" sight of watching scrums pushing and pushing with the ball at 8s feet until an inevitable infringement at which point the ref guesses who did something wrong and gives a penalty. With a free kick you can still go for territory but cede possession or tap and go in which case teams are more likely to just play off the scrum anyway.

An interesting one. Would have to be strictly reffed otherwise teams would keep rescrumming until a penalty is awarded. I do get frustrated with the constant push until a penalty comes though as well. I think it needs looking out. Quite a few times a penalty is awarded just because you are getting pushed back rather than something illegal. Tacklers don't get penalised for missing a tackle so why should props because their opposite man pushes them back. The use it rule has helped with this but I think the ref needs to be very clear with this.
Number10
Hall of Famer

The Shuthonger One 19 Oct 2018 23:07 pm said..

Social Media
The Shuthonger One
Vice-Captain

The Shuthonger One 19 Oct 2018 23:07 pm said..

Agents
The Shuthonger One
Vice-Captain

Chris Jones 20 Oct 2018 08:07 am said..

Kicking penalty goals outside your own 10 metre line.
Chris Jones
Senior squad member

Gb83 20 Oct 2018 08:13 am said..

The whooping and hollering after winning a penalty, celebrate like that when the game is won.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Lurker 20 Oct 2018 08:20 am said..

People with weak bladders
Lurker
Hall of Famer

hairyglaws 20 Oct 2018 08:37 am said..

I'll be greedy n take 2, blame the gallons of guinness..
Clearing out for sure, just cheap shots too often
Plus advantage just goin on and on and then still goin back.
Easy resolution, either 10 seconds or 10m forwards end of. You want the pen? Bounce the bloody ball n take the kick; either for sticks or line out pen
hairyglaws
Hero in the making

plod 20 Oct 2018 09:08 am said..

I want at least two - certainly the free kick rather than penalty at a scrum. The non-offending side can either take quickly, or have another scrum at which, probably, they will get possession. Three points, sometimes five or seven, is manifestly unfair for some of the “offences” which occur at scrums. So called “clearing out” is now ridiculous. Enormous men hurling themselves at a ruck trying to move others in a position of great vulnerability. Often missed by the officials - I think there was one at Welford Road yesterday - and witnessed by the ban on Pointud - not even a penalty during the game.
plod
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby