Cipriani Red Card

Re: Cipriani Red Card

TOBIAS 22 Oct 2018 17:19 pm said..

Just been a bit anal and did a bit of research if anyone`s interested. Of the regular starting 10`s Cips appears to be the third tallest and second heaviest. So maybe his tackling isn`t so shoddy. The lightest appears to be either Smith, Ford or Steenson. The tallest Flood, Farrell and Flood. There are a few short arses and lightweights but the rest are quite evenly matched.
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

CMGC 22 Oct 2018 17:27 pm said..

Can we assume that since 3 pm today has gone there are no further citings from the W/E game and that Cips will face the beak on his own?
CMGC

andye 22 Oct 2018 17:41 pm said..

Just back from Limerick
Re the Cipriani incident, as already stated all the Munster fans i met during and after the match thought the ref was hopeless. He lost control ,was pedantic and badly affected the atmosphere in the ground.
My main point though is my wife and i had a superb long weekend in Limerick. The locals were really hospitable and friendly .Loved it !
andye
First team regular

LowerO 22 Oct 2018 18:03 pm said..

CMGC wrote:Can we assume that since 3 pm today has gone there are no further citings from the W/E game and that Cips will face the beak on his own?

Last week’s citings were announced lunchtime on Tuesday. The decisions to cite must be taken within 50 hours of the start of a match. So tomorrow from midday start scanning for news.

Even if there are no additions, there will be a “hearings announcement” to include the red cards issued.

BTW good article here about the difficulties of refereeing by a legal student blogger.
LowerO
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 22 Oct 2018 18:49 pm said..

Thanks. Rather a good blog - and an interesting commentary on the disallowed try v Castres.

I always get concerned when lawyers/law students get involved in refereeing !! Witness Bruce Craig's attempts to use legal means to query (adverse) BBW results !!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1196  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

madders 23 Oct 2018 06:54 am said..

Isn't Wayne Barnes a Barrister?
madders
Hall of Famer

TP17 23 Oct 2018 09:12 am said..

LowerO wrote:BTW good article here about the difficulties of refereeing by a legal student blogger.

Also, I noticed that Peter O'Mahony was again allowed to bind to the props thigh at every scrum. It is sanctionable by a penalty and therefore yellow card when repeated. It is illegal. Neither touch judge, referee or TMO seemed to spot this when it's quite clear. Hmm.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Staggy 23 Oct 2018 09:19 am said..

[/quote]Also, I noticed that Peter O'Mahony was again allowed to bind to the props thigh at every scrum. It is sanctionable by a penalty and therefore yellow card when repeated. It is illegal. Neither touch judge, referee or TMO seemed to spot this when it's quite clear. Hmm.[/quote]

Another of the myriad of laws ignored in favour of "allowing the game to flow" without too many interuptions.

So my question is - why make all the bloomin' laws in the first place if you are just going to ignore them. Grrrrr! :x
Staggy
Turns out for the A team

Not1eyed 23 Oct 2018 09:21 am said..

When is Cipriani’s hearing? Does anyone know
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

madders 23 Oct 2018 09:32 am said..

Ed Slater should have spoken to the officials, as you are only allowed 3 in the front row.
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby