It's the law free zone

Re: It's the law free zone

gmorgan131285 22 Oct 2018 13:19 pm said..

foresterinyorks wrote:So when do we here the outcome of all this?

Notes

(i) Red Cards
a) The case of any player sent off in Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup matches shall be adjudicated by an independent Disciplinary Committee or an independent Judicial Officer as soon as is practicable.
b) Until the hearing the player is ineligible to play in any tournament.

(ii) Citing Commissioner
a) Citing Commissioners are appointed by EPCR for all Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup matches and shall be entitled to cite a player for any act or acts of Foul Play that in the Citing Commissioner’s opinion warranted a red card.
b) For such matches, clubs will not have the power to cite a player but may refer incidents to the Citing Commissioner within 26 hours of the start of the match.
c) The Citing Commissioner will have 50 hours from the start of the match to make a citing. In certain circumstances this deadline can be extended.
d) The tournament Disciplinary Officer may forward the submitted citing to a Citing Officer to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing to progress.
e) The Disciplinary Officer will then bring a charge against the cited player.

What i get from this is that because it was a red card Danny has already been cited and banned until the hearing, and that the citing commissioner has until 3PM Today to cite any body from our match, in which I feel there may be a few from both sides.
gmorgan131285
Vice-Captain

foresterinyorks 22 Oct 2018 13:32 pm said..

gmorgan131285 wrote:
foresterinyorks wrote:So when do we here the outcome of all this?

Notes

(i) Red Cards
a) The case of any player sent off in Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup matches shall be adjudicated by an independent Disciplinary Committee or an independent Judicial Officer as soon as is practicable.

(ii) Citing Commissioner
a) Citing Commissioners are appointed by EPCR for all Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup matches and shall be entitled to cite a player for any act or acts of Foul Play that in the Citing Commissioner’s opinion warranted a red card.
b) For such matches, clubs will not have the power to cite a player but may refer incidents to the Citing Commissioner within 26 hours of the start of the match.

Thanks for that.
c) The Citing Commissioner will have 50 hours from the start of the match to make a citing. In certain circumstances this deadline can be extended.
d) The tournament Disciplinary Officer may forward the submitted citing to a Citing Officer to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing to progress.

What i get from this is that because it was a red card Danny has already been cited and banned until the hearing, and that the citing commissioner has until 3PM Today to cite any body from our match, in which I feel there may be a few from both sides.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Grandad's boy 23 Oct 2018 10:40 am said..

The Vic wrote:After the officiating of the last two European games I am now pro Brexit!

Isn't it the last three European games? I still remember the long walk back to the bus in Bilbao after that reffing debacle. (Don't know about being pro Brexit though - the trip to Bilbao was great in every other respect!)
Grandad's boy
Academy prospect

Fat Taff 23 Oct 2018 10:43 am said..

Procedures

The EPCR Tournaments are played in accordance with World Rugby’s Laws of the Game of Rugby Union (as amended from time to time), as varied or supplemented by EPCR.
LAWS OF THE GAME
KEY AREAS OF THE EPCR DISCIPLINARY PROCESS
(I) RED CARDS

a) The case of any player sent off in Heineken Champions Cup or Challenge Cup games shall be adjudicated by an independent Disciplinary Committee as soon as is practicable.

Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

CMGC 23 Oct 2018 10:48 am said..

Tks for that - So
Do we know when DC will have his case heard?
Do we know when any further citings will be notified or the time to do so has gone.?
CMGC

Fat Taff 23 Oct 2018 10:54 am said..

CMGC wrote:Tks for that - So
Do we know when DC will have his case heard?
Do we know when any further citings will be notified or the time to do so has gone.?

Dunno about the first bit, but I think the second bit is lunchtime today?

a) Citing Commissioners are appointed by EPCR for all Heineken Champions Cup and all televised Challenge Cup matches and shall be entitled to cite a player for any act or acts of Foul Play that in the Citing Commissioner’s opinion warranted a red card.

d) The EPCR Disciplinary Officer may forward the submitted citing to a Citing Officer to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing to progress.

Fat Taff
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby