Today's internationals

Re: Today's internationals

Fat Taff 11 Nov 2018 18:35 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Who knows what the reality is of the current shambolic situation regarding contact with the head? For me he didn't make contact with the head, and it was simply a 'rugby incident'.

Can you not see the gif in the thread showing his shoulder going straight to his chin?

Trumpesque isn't it?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

LowerO 11 Nov 2018 18:36 pm said..

Exactly the same ridiculous “no foul play so no sanction” in the Exeter v Munster match when Conway smashed into Steenson. Bloody mockery of the player safety argument!
LowerO
Vice-Captain

theoptimist 11 Nov 2018 18:39 pm said..

:shock:
Glen Sannox wrote:Who knows what the reality is of the current shambolic situation regarding contact with the head? For me he didn't make contact with the head, and it was simply a 'rugby incident'.

:geek: ... That's better.

Agree that shambolic is the correct term re head contact tho'
theoptimist
Vice-Captain

CMGC 11 Nov 2018 19:04 pm said..

Well all I was looking at was the bit of vid on the thread but to me his shoulder hits high up on the chest this side of 1/2 p head. Maybe there is some other angle. Anyway as with the other "rulings" it is all a bit pointless now.
What I do think is that these last 3 weeks have highlighted some staggerign inconsistencies which are now starting to dominate all discussions about the game. The Wales incident didn't affect the result thankfully but several other did which is not good for the game. If an incident is going to be reviewed frame by frame then they all need to be and all possible offences taken into consideration. Otherwise don't have them. Also the ruling needs to come from the ref so he takes all the decisions . Mess doesn't come close. We need this sorted before the WC otherwise it is going to be ruined by rows.
CMGC

David 11 Nov 2018 20:09 pm said..

Yup: Leigh's RPTP will focus closely on his,um, chest area.
Phew!
David
On the board

Fat Taff 11 Nov 2018 20:13 pm said..

David wrote:Yup: Leigh's RPTP will focus closely on his,um, chest area.
Phew!

Humerus injury assesment.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

JamesK 11 Nov 2018 20:31 pm said..

If that can be dismissed as a rugby incident then there is something seriously wrong with rugby.

Whilst I respect people have different opinions, there are some posters who I honestly believe are aspiring to be the Piers Morgan of Shedweb -writing ridiculous posts because they enjoy the attention it brings them.
JamesK
Senior squad member

robs1 11 Nov 2018 20:34 pm said..

Like many decisions this year its not so much which way it goes that is the problem but the total inconsistency of them that is making the game look pretty stupid. It has become a total lottery as to which way the refs will go
robs1
Hall of Famer

CMGC 11 Nov 2018 21:21 pm said..

There is as we know a difference between a massive hit that results in a HIA and a RTPP and one that is illegal. You can have either one or both. The current ruling covers contact with "the head " which may mean the player who is hit needs and HIA and as we know there are lots of legal hits which still require the player to require an HIA etc. So unsure what point is being made here.
CMGC
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby