Glaws vs Warriors OGT

Re: Glaws vs Warriors OGT

Hucclecote Glaws 03 Dec 2018 13:10 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:
Hucclecote Glaws wrote:I like the two pint cups. From where I stand in the Shed, it's difficult to get out and back to my spot once I'm there, so previously if I wanted another drink, I'd have had to take two single pints in with me. With a two pint cup, I can get in shortly after the gates open, buy two pints of Stowford at the happy hour price and take it with me.

I do think, that in the interests of the comfort of those fans seated/standing next to them, purchasers should have to provide some sort of doctor's certificate. And, rather than adding to the already-endless queues for the toilets at half time, we could turn risk into an opportunity by devising yet another half-time challenge (possibly involving Kingsley).

I'm currently in the fortunate position of having a strong enough bladder to last until after the match :mrgreen:
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

lucifer 03 Dec 2018 17:16 pm said..

Watched the whole game again and thought we played 2 excellent halves of halves, we still can’t put out the complete deal but our defence at least made up somewhat for the lack of forward momentum in both 2nd periods. Didn’t really appreciate it at the time but my mom now would be Owen Williams, rather a revelation. Up to now I’ve been in the GS camp re him in that he hasn’t justified being picked ahead of others when fit, but after Saturday I’m more than happy for that to be our backs lineup at Exeter. I thought Ben Morgan was the standout forward amongst some other very good ones from the pack and Olly Thorley was once again a player inspired. Someone earlier made a comment about his ability to catch the ball, I didn’t see any evidence of that and, at last, it seems we’ve someone who is keen enough to chase the high box kicks.
lucifer
On the board

lucifer 03 Dec 2018 17:17 pm said..

Oh, and Ed Slater was excellent as well.
lucifer
On the board

Glos1012 03 Dec 2018 17:19 pm said..

I think Ollie dropped one into touch but made up for it with 2 more tries.
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 03 Dec 2018 17:28 pm said..

Glos1012 wrote:I think Ollie dropped one into touch but made up for it with 2 more tries.

It was right in front of us and wasn’t really an error. The kick through was hard and flat and he tried to keep it in but it was never really going to happen.
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 03 Dec 2018 17:53 pm said..

His error was in trying to keep it in then because it was not a penalty - it would have been Glaws ball.
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

Peter 03 Dec 2018 19:00 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:His error was in trying to keep it in then because it was not a penalty - it would have been Glaws ball.

Indeed - and the next one he got wrong too. I'm happy with the tries he is scoring. But i'd like to see him pay for England - and this is part of the game he will need to get right too.
Peter
Hero in the making

Stroud Wizard 03 Dec 2018 22:46 pm said..

Fair comment Diamo. As for some other comments I only wish It wasn't necessary over time to express my concern about the selection policy in relation to Owen Williams but hopefully that is coming to an end. That does not mean we should forget the likes of Atkinson and Trinder as a squad approach is essential. Williams however should be a part of that mix and not on the periphery. Talking about another talent which Gloucester could have done with what about allowing Harry Randall to slip through the net. Quick and accurate pass, a fair turn of pace and a good rugby brain. Gloucester's loss is Bristol's gain.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Dec 2018 22:54 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Fair comment Diamo. As for some other comments I only wish It wasn't necessary over time to express my concern about the selection policy in relation to Owen Williams but hopefully that is coming to an end. That does not mean we should forget the likes of Atkinson and Trinder as a squad approach is essential. Williams however should be a part of that mix and not on the periphery. Talking about another talent which Gloucester could have done with what about allowing Harry Randall to slip through the net. Quick and accurate pass, a fair turn of pace and a good rugby brain. Gloucester's loss is Bristol's gain.

Going to ask again just to be sure. Are you in anyway a Rupert Harden fan?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

lucifer 03 Dec 2018 23:39 pm said..

You can’t keep them all SW, and I believe he was made a good offer. Only being about 4 ft 2 ins is not much of an advantage either.
lucifer
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby