POLL: Sanction for Pennell

What sanction should have been on Pennell for his challenge on Charlie?

Play On
2%
Penalty Only
3%
Yellow Card
55%
Red Card
39%

Total votes : 165

Re: POLL: Sanction for Pennell

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Dec 2018 10:44 am said..

I think the principle of outcomes is wrong, but that is the principle that the referee had to apply, and with hindsight he was spot on with his yellow. The disciplinary panel have obviously reviewed it and an additional charge of recklessness seems to have be brought to bear, which again I think is correct . So I'm not sure what the fuss is now about? It seems that the onfield sanction was correct, the citing was correct and the low end sanction from the disciplinary committee is correct.

On a rare occasion it all appears to have worked.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glawsterkaapie 06 Dec 2018 10:46 am said..

entirely with you, KPB, on this one
Glawsterkaapie
Senior squad member

ROLLO 06 Dec 2018 11:56 am said..

KPB when has that been good enough for ShedWeb? :lol:
ROLLO
On the board

Porky 06 Dec 2018 12:07 pm said..

KPB - I agree with you completely except no citing was involved - the process from the offence on the day to the disciplinary panel is standard and does not need a citing.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Glawsinwuss 06 Dec 2018 12:12 pm said..

Does anyone have a link to a video of the incident? I cast my vote of red based on the descriptions I heard on the radio at the time, but from what has been said since it does sound as though yellow may have been the right call. The highlights showed it but it was over in a flash.
Glawsinwuss
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Dec 2018 12:18 pm said..

Porky wrote:KPB - I agree with you completely except no citing was involved - the process from the offence on the day to the disciplinary panel is standard and does not need a citing.

Sorry but I'm just using the expression used by the press and TV and the BBC website. Cannot see anywhere that he wasn't cited... So assumed everyone else was right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46433400
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Mark from Stroud 06 Dec 2018 12:29 pm said..

Glawsinwuss wrote:Does anyone have a link to a video of the incident? I cast my vote of red based on the descriptions I heard on the radio at the time, but from what has been said since it does sound as though yellow may have been the right call. The highlights showed it but it was over in a flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytugjepVK0s around 1:14
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Glawsinwuss 06 Dec 2018 12:47 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:
Glawsinwuss wrote:Does anyone have a link to a video of the incident? I cast my vote of red based on the descriptions I heard on the radio at the time, but from what has been said since it does sound as though yellow may have been the right call. The highlights showed it but it was over in a flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytugjepVK0s around 1:14

Thanks, looking at that I would change my mind, looks clumsy and reckless but not deliberate.
Glawsinwuss
First team regular

Glen Sannox 06 Dec 2018 14:20 pm said..

I'm awaiting the transcript of the hearing, but my supposition is that it must have been deemed to have been worthy of a red for them to impose a ban.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 06 Dec 2018 14:33 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I'm awaiting the transcript of the hearing, but my supposition is that it must have been deemed to have been worthy of a red for them to impose a ban.

I thought that initially too but Porky seemed adamant and convinced me that the correct process and punishment was correct. However, I’m back with my initial thoughts again. Are all yellow cards reviewed then with a view to further action if required, but without citing and without upgrading the offence to a red? Still seems a bit weird to me
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby