Back to Europe...

Re: Back to Europe...

shawnsheep 04 Dec 2018 21:26 pm said..

Will we, should we try too hard in Europe?

I can understand it would be good for momentum, but as we are just under half way in the league and looking good for top 4, at which point anything can happen, should we concentrate on that and hope the likes of Saracens/Exeter wear themselves out in both competitions?

Realistically, where do our chances in this first full JA season lie. I would hate to fade away again.

Thoughts?
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

Big Red 04 Dec 2018 21:32 pm said..

Obviously it would be nice to go through, but probably shouldn’t be or isn’t the top of the priority list.

I would however like a famous night under the lights beating Exeter or Munster. Preferably Munster, but preferably both!
Big Red
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 05 Dec 2018 10:41 am said..

We have to test ourselves against the best....unless we are in with a shout, I'd expect a slightly depleted team travelling off to France in January
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Sheddy Mcshedface 05 Dec 2018 10:51 am said..

Given that we spent 4 years going on about Gloucester needing to get back to he big time it seems rather churlish to suggest we then don't at least give it our best shot now we are back in it?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 05 Dec 2018 10:54 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Given that we spent 4 years going on about Gloucester needing to get back to he big time it seems rather churlish to suggest we then don't at least give it our best shot now we are back in it?

+1. You either want to be at top table OR not.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1208  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

stevieb 05 Dec 2018 10:54 am said..

The two Exeter games will be very useful as yardstick, particularly if Glos end up playing them in the Premier playoffs, which we hope will happen.
stevieb
On the board

Behindenemylines 05 Dec 2018 10:57 am said..

stevieb wrote:The two Exeter games will be very useful as yardstick, particularly if Glos end up playing them in the Premier playoffs, which we hope will happen.

I agree. I think we need to try and give them a bloody nose so there is less fear if we face them in the playoffs. Put the best available team out, and if we lose both the Exeter games, we will have no chance of qualifying so we can then rotate.
Behindenemylines
Turns out for the A team

Glosteroldboy 05 Dec 2018 11:39 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Given that we spent 4 years going on about Gloucester needing to get back to he big time it seems rather churlish to suggest we then don't at least give it our best shot now we are back in it?

Touche !!
Glosteroldboy
Turns out for the A team

Clive's Pants 05 Dec 2018 11:45 am said..

I'd go balls out until after the two Exeter games and then see where we stand. The two Munster/ Castres games could have a huge bearing on what there is left to play for in rounds 5 and 6.
Last edited by Clive's Pants on 05 Dec 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

glawsfan19 05 Dec 2018 11:50 am said..

Hope to be surprised but not expecting anything out of Saturdays game. However I believe the next 2 home games are winnable and given Castres could be out by the time we play them that could be seen as winnable too. Would 4 wins realistically give us a chance to qualify as either top of the group group or best runners up?
glawsfan19
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby