England rugby couldn't get any worse.... or could it?

Re: England rugby couldn't get any worse.... or could it?

Beddis 04 Dec 2018 22:39 pm said..

I heard a rumour that Gatland was a done deal already, not going to get the All Blacks job so taking the second best option.

Same person told me Farrell had the Irish job weeks ago but that wasn’t a total surprise.

Only question I would ask is whether he knows where Kingsholm is as previous incumbents seem to have got lost on the way???
Posts: 3614  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Sheddy Mcshedface 04 Dec 2018 23:04 pm said..

Does this mean they will sack off Garlands law 2.0 and we can develop welsh qualified players without fear of losing them?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

glawsfan19 04 Dec 2018 23:41 pm said..

Not sure Lancaster would be keen to go back to the job given how it went last time. I could see him going to one of the top premiership teams when a vacancy opens. Surely the obvious English choice would be Baxter?
glawsfan19
Senior squad member

DieTrying 04 Dec 2018 23:44 pm said..

glawsfan19 wrote:Not sure Lancaster would be keen to go back to the job given how it went last time. I could see him going to one of the top premiership teams when a vacancy opens. Surely the obvious English choice would be Baxter?

I can't see Baxter moving from Exeter until they win the HC, that being the ultimate accolade for a Club Coach. However money talks but he'll demand more autonomy than the RFU are likely to give him.
DieTrying

CMGC 05 Dec 2018 09:43 am said..

I think that is always going to be Eng's big problem. The RFU I suspect put a fair few limitations on their coach and several of these come via the PRem. As a result you have a " hidden " limit on your freedom as a coach. I suspect the big hitting options are not too keen on that.
CMGC

chumba 05 Dec 2018 10:10 am said..

Surely to goodness the shortlist begins with Rob Baxter and ends with Mark McCall?
chumba
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 05 Dec 2018 10:13 am said..

The pinch of salt I would have to take to believe that really wouldn't help my blood pressure.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Old Rik 05 Dec 2018 10:15 am said..

[quote="Beddis"]

Only question I would ask is whether he knows where Kingsholm is as previous incumbents seem to have got lost on the way???[/quote

Yeah he does. When he was in charge at Wasps and they were playing us. I walked down Westgate St with him. Nice chap. Didn’t fancy the Dick Whit though.
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 05 Dec 2018 10:33 am said..

Beddis wrote:I heard a rumour that Gatland was a done deal already, not going to get the All Blacks job so taking the second best option.

Same person told me Farrell had the Irish job weeks ago but that wasn’t a total surprise.

Only question I would ask is whether he knows where Kingsholm is as previous incumbents seem to have got lost on the way???

I though Eddie Jones had bought a season ticket for the first few weeks of this season
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby