England rugby couldn't get any worse.... or could it?

Re: England rugby couldn't get any worse.... or could it?

RossM 05 Dec 2018 10:54 am said..

I think it's criminal that RFU have consistently ignored Shaun Edwards for any position. Must be something to do with the flat cap and the whippet.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Sam 05 Dec 2018 16:32 pm said..

Marvellous. Baxter to bring his Leicester circa forever style of kick to the corner and maul over for a try tactics to England. Can't wait. At least it will render obsolete the discussion about England's best centre pairing.
Sam
Turns out for the A team

Glossince86 05 Dec 2018 16:49 pm said..

CMGC wrote:I think that is always going to be Eng's big problem. The RFU I suspect put a fair few limitations on their coach and several of these come via the Prem. As a result you have a " hidden " limit on your freedom as a coach. I suspect the big hitting options are not too keen on that.

And this is why England will never have the best coaches available and we will always fall short. I am an England and a Gloucester supporter through and through, but I don’t think England will ever lift the RWC again unless the old boys club move on. We have failed to secure the likes of Jake White and Nick Mallett, or have Sir Clive as director of rugby and who knows who else we’ve missed out on. I don’t know why Baxter or McCall would take the job as they have autonomy at their respective clubs and will be set up to fail with England. Rant over...
Glossince86
On the board

Lewi7 05 Dec 2018 18:08 pm said..

Gatland may / may not be the right person for the England job but rest assured if he was appointed he would have made sure he had budget, structure and decision making authority as and how he wanted it, he's no-one's puppet.
Posts: 3492  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

SwindonGlos 05 Dec 2018 18:30 pm said..

Jones having a handover period with Gatland would be a laugh though. Can you imagine either deferring to the other??

No doubt both learn from others etc. But "no Eddie after you"
"Oh I insist Warren.. after you"

Just can't see it.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.
SwindonGlos
Vice-Captain

tigerchef 05 Dec 2018 22:00 pm said..

Sam wrote:Marvellous. Baxter to bring his Leicester circa forever style of kick to the corner and maul over for a try tactics to England. Can't wait. At least it will render obsolete the discussion about England's best centre pairing.

Have Exeter been told?
tigerchef
Hero in the making

Noobs 06 Dec 2018 09:53 am said..

Considering his 3 Prem titles plus Heineken cup with Wasps, 3 6N titles with Wales, along with a win and a draw with the Lions it would be a great coup for English Rugby and I would be more than happy with Gatland if Eddie were to go.

England's problem is their best players are consistently injured. If he is appointed hopefully Gatland can come up with a novel solution to help sort this out (unlikely it will ever get sorted).
Noobs
Senior squad member

lovejoy 06 Dec 2018 12:48 pm said..

That would be a no from me, not only is he very surly, the cheating against Georgia last year was beyond the pale and certainly doesn't meet the criteria expected of an England coach.
lovejoy
Hero in the making

Gb83 06 Dec 2018 13:31 pm said..

Sam wrote:Marvellous. Baxter to bring his Leicester circa forever style of kick to the corner and maul over for a try tactics to England. Can't wait. At least it will render obsolete the discussion about England's best centre pairing.

Baxter has ruled himself out.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Dec 2018 13:52 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:

Baxter has ruled himself out.

Has everyone forgot the thrilling exciting open 15 man rugby that Martin Johnson led in 2003 ;) ....but it won a a RWC.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby