Varsity Match

Varsity Match

David 06 Dec 2018 16:26 pm said..

Oxford's third try - a thing of great beauty...
:D
David
On the board

Re: Varsity Match

GammoGlos 06 Dec 2018 18:39 pm said..

I was watching it on and off. Seemed quite even at the start and then Oxford upped their game.

I was disappointed with the womens game far too much pick and drive from both teams. No breaking the gain line and quick off loads, No running from deep at pace, no going wide quickly to find space. Not a great advert for Rugby.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

David 06 Dec 2018 18:48 pm said..

Did you catch the Cambridge women’s captain’s potty-mouth interview? :roll:
David
On the board

GammoGlos 06 Dec 2018 18:50 pm said..

No I missed that. Oh dear
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Lord Lucan 06 Dec 2018 19:16 pm said..

Oxford with a couple of old pro's didnt really seem very fair or in the spirit of the event.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 06 Dec 2018 19:27 pm said..

I can't believe Ben Ransom isn't playing pro anymore. He always looked classy at Sarries.
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 06 Dec 2018 19:35 pm said..

I was there. Very entertaining from where I was sitting. Oxford kicking for goal was sublime. Ultimately, Oxford's fitness showed through. In the women's game the reverse was true.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 06 Dec 2018 20:39 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:Oxford with a couple of old pro's didnt really seem very fair or in the spirit of the event.

Tbf Jamie Roberts turned out for Cambridge last year so they can hardly complain. I imagine most of the Varsity side will actually enjoy the fact that they got to share a pitch with some professionals. Will definitely be a bit of a boast when they look back on their glory days!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Chalker 06 Dec 2018 21:24 pm said..

David wrote:Did you catch the Cambridge women’s captain’s potty-mouth interview? :roll:

?
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby