Team's up

Re: Team's up

covglaws 07 Dec 2018 12:26 pm said..

I don't know about targeting the home leg, win this one and we're still in with a shout. Would make the home game a tad easier, (these things are relative :) ) as Ex would pretty much be out of it by then.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1401  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Longwayhome 07 Dec 2018 12:33 pm said..

I hope Danny has his kicking boots on this week. Or perhaps Owen is taking the kicks?
Longwayhome
Vice-Captain

icanrememberwhen 07 Dec 2018 12:41 pm said..

I agree it's a good team against a very strong opposition but we can't look at the next two games as being separate it's a balance of targeting both with resources available
icanrememberwhen
On a trial

Gb83 07 Dec 2018 12:45 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:It doesn't look like the strongest team available (Sharples is surely in on form?). I appreciate the need to rotate players but it does make the clammer to make the top 6* last year seem a bit pointless if we're not going to give the European competition our best shot.

* I know we failed.

We have to pick our battles, we are highly unlikely to win away at Exeter, so much better resting a few hopefully preventing injuries then target the home leg.

It would be great to field the absolute strongest team into every game but our squad isn’t quite there yet.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 07 Dec 2018 12:47 pm said..

....but it's still a strong team that can do a job. Don't discount them too early.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glossince86 07 Dec 2018 12:52 pm said..

Wondering if Mostert’s 8min cameo last week was just a confirmation to the fans that he’s a Glaws player, to put all the Lions squabbles to rest
Glossince86
On the board

Glosteroldboy 07 Dec 2018 12:56 pm said..

Going back down there again tomorrow, and looking at the forecast it is going to be a worse day weather wise than the previous match day...

Not a day for kicking with 40mph gust predicted and when the wind blows it blows hard down there...

A day for the pack first of all then bring on JW with speed for the last 20 -25 mins..

It will be a good day out again regardless though...
Glosteroldboy
Turns out for the A team

Gb83 07 Dec 2018 13:00 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:....but it's still a strong team that can do a job. Don't discount them too early.

Definitely, just right to prioritise the home leg.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Old Rik 07 Dec 2018 13:03 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Sky blue wrote:It doesn't look like the strongest team available (Sharples is surely in on form?). I appreciate the need to rotate players but it does make the clammer to make the top 6* last year seem a bit pointless if we're not going to give the European competition our best shot.

* I know we failed.

We have to pick our battles, we are highly unlikely to win away at Exeter, so much better resting a few hopefully preventing injuries then target the home leg.

It would be great to field the absolute strongest team into every game but our squad isn’t quite there yet.

I totally agree with you Gb83. This years Champs cup is a bonus. A pragmatic team approach where we need to create a record of victory at Kingsholm that is unsurpassed by anything before. I think it doesn’t really matter what happens tomorrow. We have no pressure on us at all. Next week however is a different matter. If for the 2019-20 season we have aspirations of being top 4 and serious play off contenders then beating Exeter and Saracens at Kingsholm must become the norm. This season for me is all about being comfortable in top 6 possibly 4 league position with 100% Kingsholm record. That has gone but sending Ex home next week with nuffin will go a long way to ease that and also send a message that this sleepy giant might be waking up... cmon!!!!!
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

Chalker 07 Dec 2018 13:05 pm said..

Surely JA doesn't know his best team/squad/combinations yet either?
Chalker
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby