Glaws vs Chiefs OGT

Re: Glaws vs Chiefs OGT

Number10 08 Dec 2018 17:49 pm said..

Staggy wrote:Very happy indeed. Off out to dinner with Matt Kvesic, Jack and Sam Maunder in a minute (and 427 others to be fair - most of whom are Exeter supporters). Rather looking forward to it, particularly after the ribbing I have had over the last fortnight.

Immense performance by the team, just hoping the injuries arent too bad.

Hope you're wearing your glos shirt!
Number10
Hall of Famer

fatheralice 08 Dec 2018 18:03 pm said..

Congrats on a great performance. Well deserving of the win, but maybe a point left out there?

Grobbler was fantastic, and the front row did well stopping Exeter getting any sot of dominance there. Very mpressed with Visagie, and Thornley is a sight to behold at full tilt. His break was a huge turning point in the game.

Chiefs were error strewn, but I put that down to good pressure from Glaws, as much as anything. Penalty count went your way, but hard to point at any and feel hard done by.
fatheralice
Turns out for the A team

Baz 08 Dec 2018 18:15 pm said..

fatheralice wrote:Congrats on a great performance. Well deserving of the win, but maybe a point left out there?

Grobbler was fantastic, and the front row did well stopping Exeter getting any sot of dominance there. Very mpressed with Visagie, and Thornley is a sight to behold at full tilt. His break was a huge turning point in the game.

Chiefs were error strewn, but I put that down to good pressure from Glaws, as much as anything. Penalty count went your way, but hard to point at any and feel hard done by.

Maybe we had a referee who was wise enough to see Exeter offside and flopping over the ball at the ruck? As soon as Ed Slater came on it killed their counter ruck. Shame about Jake as it doesn’t look good for next week. I’d bring Mostert in to cover back row and with Trinder injured it looks like Billy T back in the centre to start.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Westy 08 Dec 2018 18:19 pm said..

Just back from Santa duties ... what a great surprise! It must have been a really good performance ...

BUT ... lets' not get carried away ... we must do it all again next week ...

Congratulations to the team and coaches on a superb win. And on denying them anything!
Back to basics
Westy
Vice-Captain

Searey 08 Dec 2018 18:25 pm said..

fatheralice wrote:Congrats on a great performance. Well deserving of the win, but maybe a point left out there?

Thank you, FatherAlice

Bit of a surprise. Expecting another absorbing encounter next week!
Searey
Senior squad member

Beddis 08 Dec 2018 18:48 pm said..

Great performance from 1 to 23, some wonderful performances out there, particularly Clarke who seemed to be everywhere.

Thorley looks astonishingly good and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him become an England regular once Eddie Jones has gone.

Grobler immense again, a player you would hate to play against.

Balmain and our entire front row had their opponents beaten well in the scrum, I don’t think we got the rub of the green scrum penalty wise but I guess the ref can’t see Moon binding on Balmain’s arm all the time!

Surprise Dollman got away with the shot on Trinder, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it cited.

Great to see us outplay Exeter for the second time in a few weeks, thankfully we had the patience to wait for the openings this time.

Great win, as long as we follow it up next weekend!
Posts: 3983  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Snevets49 08 Dec 2018 19:06 pm said..

Grobler is great.
In the middle of a Glaws maul today, standing/head high and pushing hard...he seems to smile, chat to referee and simply carry on.
Really seems to be enjoying his time and rugby at the moment.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

lucifer 08 Dec 2018 19:18 pm said..

Having got back from game and read the comments, it seems Willie goes from hero to zero and back pretty quick on here. In very difficult conditions I thought he had a pretty average first half, he was up well to support Ollie for his try but he seemed to miss a lot of tackles and kept kicking straight into touch by putting high balls too near to the touch line that blew over for lineout back where we started. The learning process seemed to take a long time (as it did to be fair for the Exe Guy) but as the second half progresse he got more and more effective and he put some real poser kicks for the Exe full back. The pack was immense again, Morgan and GG being stand out they rarely took a backward step. Exeter were subdued and their retuning players seemed to have a negative effect on the team. I don’t get the Exeter support, they’re nice enough but rarely get behind their team and there’s a lot who seem to see it as a social occasion rather than something that really matters to them. Henry’s injury at the end looked worrying on what was otherwise a great day.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

SwindonGlos 08 Dec 2018 19:22 pm said..

In amongst everything there was a moment when polledri had his ribs exposed on the wrong side of a maul. Cuthbert came in to clear him out and just in time polledri dropped his height and Cuthbert bounced off.

Jake then looked down at him and smiled. Hard as nails and really bright stuff.

He is and will be a bit special.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.
SwindonGlos
Vice-Captain

madders 08 Dec 2018 19:33 pm said..

Thought Kvesic had a good game, his kick through resulted in Thorley’s break which Heinz touched down and came in from the side for a penalty..other than that just average.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby